Zimmermans Bond revoked..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/01/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

I'm starting to think this guys going to get railroaded...

A Florida judge revoked bond Friday for George Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Trayvon Martin.

Seminole County Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. ordered Zimmerman to surrender to the county sheriff within 48 hours.

Lester accused Zimmerman of having misrepresented how much money he had when his bond was originally set in April.

The decision came after prosecutors asked Lester to revoke the bond.

Prosecutors argued that Zimmerman "misrepresented, misled and deceived the court" during the April bond hearing not only about his family's financial circumstances but also about whether he had a U.S. passport.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What was your first clue? Thats what Al and Jessie were looking for. I wish the Hispanic would get behind him and show thier support for him this may stop these scum bags from getting their way.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wait, if he was ordered to turn in his passports, had two but only turned one in, how is that being railroaded?

She also said that Zimmerman has two passports, and the passport that he surrendered to the court at the April hearing was one that Zimmerman had reported stolen on March 8, 2004, court papers said. That passport was valid until May 2012, Corey said.
Zimmerman received a second passport on March 26, 2004, and that one is valid until 2014, she said.
The prosecutor asked the court that Zimmerman be ordered to surrender the second passport to authorities.
Zimmerman spoke of the second passport while in the Seminole County Jail in a phone call to his wife that authorities recorded, Corey said. Court records provided a partial transcript:
Zimmerman: "Do you know what? I think my passport is in that bag."
Shelly Zimmerman: "I have one for you in safety deposit box ..."
Zimmerman: "OK, you hold onto that."

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wait, if he was ordered to turn in his passports, had two but only turned one in, how is that being railroaded?

That was just quoting the Commie News Network...

But thinkking about it... With "my people" holder and obimbo in a position of power... I would have a damn passport stashed as well....

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prosecutors say Zimmerman misled the court on his finances during a bail hearing that allowed his release on $150,000 bond. Zimmerman's attorney said several days later that he had discovered his client had raised more than $200,000 from a website with $135,000 available. That money wasn't disclosed at the bond hearing.

Judge Kenneth Lester heard the argument at the evidence hearing because he said the matter was "very serious."

State prosecutors said on Friday Zimmerman's wife, Shelley, knew about the PayPal money from his website and lied at the bond hearing when she said she didn't know of it.

O'Mara commented on the state calling Zimmerman and his wife liars by saying, "I understand the states position on it. I don’t agree with it. That’s what adversaries do."

State prosecutors said Zimmerman also had another passport he didn't disclose to the court.

"The defendant lied to this court," said state prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda. O'Mara defended Zimmerman, saying he didn't deceive the court about his passport.

Zimmerman is pleading not guilty to second-degree murder and claims self-defense.
Local 6 is in the process of obtaining the motion."

If it's true, it is serious (lying to the court). We can all take sides in this, but we don't really know what happened.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Judge revokes George Zimmerman bond in Trayvon Martin killing
Published June 01, 2012
FoxNews.com

Prosecutors also said Zimmerman had failed to surrender a second passport, but the judge dismissed that concern as the equivalent of someone who has lost a driver's license, applies for a new one and then finds the old driver's license.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/0...an-bond-in-trayvon-martin-case/#ixzz1waIOn9al

As for the $135,000.. Zimmerman's attorney says the Zimmermans never used any of that money for themselves., and its use was restricted.

Apparently the money raised on-line was only to be used as part of a 'defense' fund for legal / court expenses.. not to bond him out of jail... so technically, they did not mislead the court when they said they had limited assets for bonding him out of jail.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was just quoting the Commie News Network...

But thinkking about it... With "my people" holder and obimbo in a position of power... I would have a damn passport stashed as well....

Yes, the quote was from CNN, but the part where he told her to 'hold on to it' was his own words from a transcript while in jail. If CNN was dumb enough to change that quote them maybe i'd believe it was being railroaded, but i doubt they'd be that dumb after what happened with NBC. It could happen, but i'm skeptical that it did and clearly a judge was too.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never been arrested so don't quite know how all this works. I didn't realize that bond was set depending on how much money you have. I thought it was solely based on the crime. So, the less money you make (don't hold a job) the less your bond is? No wonder our courts are a revolving door.

I guess it makes since though bc isn't bond supposed to be like an assurance that you'll show? I guess if the amount wasn't adjusted for income then rich folks might not care if they lost the cash.

Like I say, luckily I've never had to find out how all this works so I'm probably waaayyyy off base. Just found the bond based on income thing interesting.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The purpose of bail is solely to insure the person charged will not fee the jurisdiction. Has any of this made him a flight risk? If it has wouldn't they have arrested him immediately instead of giving him an extra forty eight hours to flee?
If he is not a flight risk now then are they attempting to use bail as a punishment?

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom