Zimmermans Bond revoked..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well here come the character assassins!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/zimmerman-witness-sexual-molestation-160900334.html

A family friend of George Zimmerman told investigators he sexually molested her on and off for nearly a decade, newly released audio tapes in the Trayvon Martin shooting case reveal.

"He would reach under the blankets and try to do things," the woman-identified as Witness 9-told investigators.

She said the molestation occurred at Zimmerman's parents' house.

"I would try to push him off, but he was bigger, stronger and older," she said during the interview conducted on March 20, less than a month after the Feb. 26 shooting. The woman, who contacted prosecutors after Martin's killing, said she was 6 and Zimmerman was 8 when the alleged molestation began. It continued until she was 16, she said.

Investigators asked the woman why she was coming forward now. "This is the first time in my life that I'm not afraid of him," she replied.

The woman also told state investigators that she anonymously called Sanford police after Martin's death.

"I was afraid that he may have done something because the kid was black," the woman says on the recordings. She said she had no direct knowledge of the shooting death, but wanted police to know Zimmerman had made negative comments about blacks when they were growing up.

As for the molestation allegations, her family would get together with Zimmerman's at least once a year, she said. "Every time that we would go up there, I could just look at him and he would give me a certain look and I would just know it was going to happen when we got together for family gatherings. ... He just got this look in his eye like he was going to [molest me]."

The woman said she was not the only victim. "It's not just me that he would do these things to," she told investigators. But the other alleged victim would never come forward, Witness 9 said, declining to give investigators her name: "She said she would deny it either way."

"Georgie," she said, would tell her to tell others that they were just lying down or playing hide-n-seek. "Georgie just sucked up to my dad," she said. "He was like the son he never had."

The audio was released on Monday along dozens of recordings from phone calls Zimmerman made while behind bars in April. State prosecutors and defense attorney Mark O'Mara fought to keep the audio files under seal, but Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. ruled the evidence is public information and ordered them to be made available.O'Mara, according to the Orlando Sentinel, said he doubts Witness 9's information would be used in court and that, "it's uncorroborated and that it's likely to inflame hostility toward his client."

Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder in Martin's death.

"He was very charming and personable with everybody in the family," the woman said of Zimmerman. "But he was different behind closed doors with me. ... He was very intimidating."

She said one of the last incidents occurred when she was 16. Zimmerman, who had graduated from high school and moved to Florida with his family, massaged and kissed her, causing her to run out of the home. The woman said she eventually quit attending family functions if she thought he was going to be there.

"I couldn't take it," she said. "I didn't want to be around him anymore."

She said she eventually told her sister about her encounters with Zimmerman. The sister then told their parents.

The alleged victim said she and her parents tried to discuss the abuse with Zimmerman at a Lake Mary, Fla., restaurant in 2005. "He said, 'I'm sorry' and just got up and walked out."

Just to recap: A woman with no information about the shooting reports alleged events that happened 11-21 years ago, that have no bearing on the case, are determined to be "evidence" against Zimmerman and ordered released as "public information" by the "unbiased" judge in the case. Apparently, unrelated and unverified, yet highly prejudicial allegations from well past any statute of limitations are considered "evidence" in a homicide that occured in the very recent past. Are we sure that this case isn't being tried in 1692 Salem, MA? Because this whole sordid affair just became a witch hunt.

If the prosecution had a case at all, they wouldn't be relying on a public smear campaign like this. It's indecent and repugnant. Zimmerman is a dumbass, no doubt. But FL State hatchetwoman Corey isn't charging him with 2nd degree dumbassery. He's on trial for the balance of his life. I think he should be afforded a fair trial. I cannot see how that is possible when the judge is engaging in a public campaign against the defendant. This whole thing reeks to high heaven. I am literally sick to my stomach that something like this is happening in our country. This is an embarassment to us all. :(

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If a fund is set up with donations solely for use as a defense fund can the Government force a defendant to use the fund for bail? Thus crippling his ability to hire adequate council of his choice?

Michael

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zimmerman's interview with Hannity was interesting. I thought he came across as a likable well spoken guy. He explained his actions in a calm, reasonable and consistant manner. I can't see a jury ever convicting him of anything. Part 2 of the interview tomorrow night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom