Zombie shooters in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Z Sr.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any Zombie shooters in Oklahoma are welcome to contact us about starting a club in your great State !!! please check us out and let us know, thanks and shoot safe and bring out a new shooter, together we will all grow our sport

John Z Sr.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's cute! Why don't you guys just shoot USPSA or IDPA or ICORE and help support the organizations that are already out there. Do the funny side match with zombie targets after a match?

I do shoot all the other games, 122 matches shot last year between the 3 games. The idea is not for the seasoned shooter, it's to get the new shooter out and give them a gateway to the other sports. In our first 2 Wed night matches, we had 39 and 41 shooters come out for the first time. Many of them will now follow us to an IDPA or USPSA match this weekend. As far as support for the other 3 organizations already out there, I belong to all, shoot them all, RO/SO them all and work many of the State and level 3 in our area, this IS set up to support them by adding to the sports. Thank you for your input and hope you have a great shooting season this year!!

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do shoot all the other games, 122 matches shot last year between the 3 games. The idea is not for the seasoned shooter, it's to get the new shooter out and give them a gateway to the other sports. In our first 2 Wed night matches, we had 39 and 41 shooters come out for the first time. Many of them will now follow us to an IDPA or USPSA match this weekend. As far as support for the other 3 organizations already out there, I belong to all, shoot them all, RO/SO them all and work many of the State and level 3 in our area, this IS set up to support them by adding to the sports. Thank you for your input and hope you have a great shooting season this year!!

Well played sir.... Very well played. Come on JT, play nice. :pms2:

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to drift on this thread...and I do admire the "zombie" idea but he IS NOT known as JT....it is Mr. T....cause he do love the bling!

All shooting is good and I would welcome it, another along the same lines is the ZootShooters orginisation that does roraring 20s type guns and dress up in gangster suits. You can find out more about it at henningshhootsguns.com KurtM

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to drift on this thread...and I do admire the "zombie" idea but he IS NOT known as JT....it is Mr. T....cause he do love the bling!

All shooting is good and I would welcome it, another along the same lines is the ZootShooters orginisation that does roraring 20s type guns and dress up in gangster suits. You can find out more about it at henningshhootsguns.com KurtM

Sorry old chap!!! LOL I guess I get one of these:slap:

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well played sir.... Very well played. Come on JT, play nice. :pms2:

I wasn't trying to be a Dik. I was wondering why there was a need for another ogranization. I guess shooting zombies seems less like a "competition" match than USPSA does which lessons the fears of the new shooters? We have a indoor "carry" gun match here in Edmond. We use zombie, Ipsc, USPSA, bullseye, or whatever targets we find might be different. I don't know why anyone would need to join an organization to do what we are doing?

Here is a link to the Match announcement from last month. http://www.boomershooter.com/forums...heartland-outdoors-sunday-night-january-16th/

You can see it the same concept. Easier to understand rules, divisions, etc with an emphasis on new shooters.

John Z Sr.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morning Jesse,
All good points. As to the "need" of a new organization, probably not, but I am trying a rags to riches attempt at The American Dream. I've been around this stuff since the 80's and love the sports and the people. My goal was to get some new folks out and give them a place to start. Sure we can bring them to a USPSA event ( I do that every month with a new shooter or 2) but that can be a little intimidating for a newbie to be on a squad with a few "GM's" (we have many in our area). Also as a new game, folks can get the feeling of being part of something new, and hopefully that adds to the fun and excitement. My girlfriend and I are trying to get something off the ground that might give our kids something to fall back on when we "leave the range". Just like your "carry" or "fun matches" that some clubs host for various reasons, we wanted to do the same, but thought the "Zombie" theme and simplified rules and gear might make it easier for folks to get started. I want to thank you for your posts and input, just by having folks think about it, might get the interest up. Of the 2 matches we've held so far (39 & 41 shooters) many were brand new and want to learn more and shoot more. That's what we are about, and if we can grow it and sell a few tee shirts and bumper stickers, all the better, again thanks for your comments, best of luck this season, John

Latest posts

Top Bottom