“there is no right to reasonably resist unlawful entry by police officers...”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all due respect could you expound on the differences of unlawful vs incorrect???

I will give you one from my own experience as a fairly new police officer:

I was driving down 11th street and saw a man pulling a woman by the arm as she yelled "Rape! Rape!" The guy got a full bore tackle and then I felt a gun in his waistband and thought he was reaching for it so he took a shot in the face as I got my own gun out.

I then noticed the "victim" was running and shortly thereafter realized I had just punched an undercover police officer who was reaching for his badge to keep from getting the crap beaten out of him and subsequently freed a prostitute.

My conclusion was incorrect but the facts and my actions were reasonable based on the circumstances.

Yeah, I took some ribbing for a while.:slap:

Michael Brown

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good one!

FWIW, you can blame a foolish panel of judges for creating a hostile atmosphere between citizens and their law enforcement in Indiana. They are directly responsible for the inevitable response. The legislature was backed into a corner on this one. :(

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was driving down 11th street and saw a man pulling a woman by the arm as she yelled "Rape! Rape!" The guy got a full bore tackle and then I felt a gun in his waistband and thought he was reaching for it so he took a shot in the face as I got my own gun out.

I then noticed the "victim" was running and shortly thereafter realized I had just punched an undercover police officer who was reaching for his badge to keep from getting the crap beaten out of him and subsequently freed a prostitute.

My conclusion was incorrect but the facts and my actions were reasonable based on the circumstances.

Michael Brown

Knowing that stuff like this actually does happen makes me appreciate The Wire even more. No, seriously :)

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michael Brown said:

Michael Brown

Not trying to hijack, but were you in uniform? If so, what would happen if a civilian did this? I know alot of people that wouldn't just keep driving after seeing that.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack, but were you in uniform? If so, what would happen if a civilian did this? I know alot of people that wouldn't just keep driving after seeing that.

Yes I was in uniform.

If a person out of uniform tried to do the same they would probably get their ass kicked or possibly shot.

Out of uniform I would handle it completely differently if I came across similar circumstances.

Michael Brown

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a person out of uniform tried to do the same they would probably get their ass kicked or possibly shot.

Michael Brown

Amazing. I find this statement to be both dangerous and foolish and one of a larger set of reasons why we have such an "us" and "them" mentality in this country towards law enforcement these days. Officers these days believe that because they have a gun and a badge and that they are on the clock that they are the baddest cats prowling the streets. There was a time when some of the older looking guys just ambling by were not. They grew up with John Wayne, family values and a strong belief in duty. They wanted to right the wrongs in the world and went to whatever hellhole they were sent. They listened to their uncle and did what he said. They were not in the movies or used as political pawns for the politicians. They trained hard and became good at their jobs. So, if what you have stated is true, and that an UC officer allowed a patrol unit to see the incident, identify what was happening, brake to a halt, put the vehicle in park, exit the vehicle, allow you to RUN AT HIM, tackle him and punch him in the face without identifiying himself as a UC, he is going to somehow be able to kick some older guys ass or shoot him for trying to stop the same seen action? If this action was seen by some older gentleman who thought he might still be able to right a wrong and balance some of his past transgretions, he would be moving to end the incident, not identify the guy or arrest anyone.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazing. I find this statement to be both dangerous and foolish and one of a larger set of reasons why we have such an "us" and "them" mentality in this country towards law enforcement these days. Officers these days believe that because they have a gun and a badge and that they are on the clock that they are the baddest cats prowling the streets. There was a time when some of the older looking guys just ambling by were not. They grew up with John Wayne, family values and a strong belief in duty. They wanted to right the wrongs in the world and went to whatever hellhole they were sent. They listened to their uncle and did what he said. They were not in the movies or used as political pawns for the politicians. They trained hard and became good at their jobs. So, if what you have stated is true, and that an UC officer allowed a patrol unit to see the incident, identify what was happening, brake to a halt, put the vehicle in park, exit the vehicle, allow you to RUN AT HIM, tackle him and punch him in the face without identifiying himself as a UC, he is going to somehow be able to kick some older guys ass or shoot him for trying to stop the same seen action? If this action was seen by some older gentleman who thought he might still be able to right a wrong and balance some of his past transgretions, he would be moving to end the incident, not identify the guy or arrest anyone.

Lighten up, Feet Dry Francis.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom