“there is no right to reasonably resist unlawful entry by police officers...”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And, for Bonus Fun Points, qualified immunity will protect the person who did screw up from ever having to be accountable to the people who were terrorized as a result of his incompetence.

And that's right there is part of the problem. If you put the wrong address on the affidavit, then you should be held responsible for anything that goes wrong during the execution of that warrant.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that's right there is part of the problem. If you put the wrong address on the affidavit, then you should be held responsible for anything that goes wrong during the execution of that warrant.

Correct...

Citizens are held responsible in both civil and criminal courts for their screw ups.

Why shouldn't individual agents of the government be held personally responsible for theirs?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d be kind of nervous if someone was kicking in my door at 2:00 AM yelling “police!!!”

How do I know they’re really police? I’m not doing anything wrong so I don’t expect them to be here.

It’s a situation I hope I’m never in.
I believe you just set the record for reviving the oldest thread on OSA. CONGRATULATIONS :clap3:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It happens when people do a google search and come across a post. They may or may not look at the date when they respond. If the search is worded a certain way, it may be the first result that pops up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom