‘This Is Not Going to Be the Country of White People’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in case anyone cares about the actual quote, and not just the headline,

“This is not going to be the country of the xenophobics. This is not going to be the country of white people. This is not going to be the country of the few. This is going to be the country of the many.”

https://www.newsweek.com/ilhan-omar-black-lives-matter-donald-trump-gop-goons-anti-semitism-1411102
To be honest, it’s a little better in context, but not much. She is still being overtly racist. Xenophobia is hardly solely the territory of white people. And most white Americans aren’t xenophobic.

I, for one, am a white man in favor of unlimited documented immigration of anyone without a criminal history (other than minor, non-violent misdemeanors) and who does not pose a specific, articulable threat to national security.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be honest, it’s a little better in context, but not much. She is still being overtly racist. Xenophobia is hardly solely the territory of white people. And most white Americans aren’t xenophobic.

I, for one, am a white man in favor of unlimited documented immigration of anyone without a criminal history (other than minor, non-violent misdemeanors) and who does not pose a specific, articulable threat to national security.

which is why the political speech probably played well to the people who elected her. polarizing politics (regardless of position) sells these days

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if it is so bad here in the old U.S. she can always go back to the chitt hole she came from and take her brother/ husband with her. I'll chip in on the tickets.
Easy there young feller, do you know how much trouble DJT got for calling those **** hole nation chit hole.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
in many ways, i agree. However this country also does have a long history of xenophobia at times, as well.

And i can also see how, as a political message, this would play well with her constituents.

But i wasn't arguing her point, merely adding context to an otherwise inflammatory headline

Where is she seeing all this xenophobia and there are other races in America besides white, why would she say that this will not be a white country. I do not see a huge group of Aryans and KKK and Nazi's calling for the removal of people of color. I know there are fringe groups that do this stupid crap but by and large most of white, black, Asian and Hispanic Americans are getting up and going to work and paying the bills, Yet we get this constant barrage from the left telling us how horrible America is and we get all the immigrants flooding here from other countries constantly bashing this country. It is getting old. If this country is so horrid get the hell out.

Every country has a long history of xenophobia at times as well!!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see any White people marching and making demands on Omar-except comment when she issues an opinion, she just doesn't like White people and she is vocal about her feelings She wasn't sent to DC to tell us her opinion but nevertheless that is what she does on a near daily basis and usually it is anti-American comments which does irritate a lot of people. Personally, I think we ought to be one nation (Out of many one) and to heck with race and that is what Omar is all about, race-nothing less. All the freshmen that came to DC recently are extremely outspoken and they haven't even learned the fundamentals of political protocol. But she can not be excused for all her faults, even if she is a Democrat-there is a standard isn't there?

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone needs to let her know that she is wrong. There is going to come a time when the White men of American start playing 'cowboys and muslim's. Just ask the Indians how that game turned out.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a younger fellow I recall a commercial where an Indian had a tear in his eye because of pollution, IN time we will have a tear in our eye for the same, but it will be a different pollution.. Have a gander at this SI swim suit model..
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...ijab-wearing-model/ar-AAAHR5l?ocid=spartanntp

That was all about the MSM. You do know that the MSM are doing this skanky promotion and stirring the shitpot. Consider them 'collaborators'. During war times collaborators were given dirt naps on the spot. No arrest, no trial, no effin' lawyers. Just AMF.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where is she seeing all this xenophobia and there are other races in America besides white, why would she say that this will not be a white country. I do not see a huge group of Aryans and KKK and Nazi's calling for the removal of people of color. I know there are fringe groups that do this stupid crap but by and large most of white, black, Asian and Hispanic Americans are getting up and going to work and paying the bills, Yet we get this constant barrage from the left telling us how horrible America is and we get all the immigrants flooding here from other countries constantly bashing this country. It is getting old. If this country is so horrid get the hell out.

Every country has a long history of xenophobia at times as well!!

i don't know. maybe you should ask her.

as i said, i wasn't defending her message. Just pointing out that the quote wasn't in context.

If you have issue with it in its entirety then please take it up with her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom