09's summer catch pics??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V1K1NG0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No fried fish is good re-heated, IMO.

If you eat alot of different types of fish, I am willing to bet you will like gar. Most people who say gar is no good, more than likely are just repeating what they heard and never tried it.

I am somewhat particular about what types of fresh water fish I eat and even what parts of the fish I eat. Catfish, I clean very thoroughly and make sure there is no red meat or fat on it what so ever. Red meat and fish fat will ruin a fillet. I also do not eat belly meat from catfish. If you buy "Catfish Nuggets" from gorcery stores, that is belly meat and it is pretty gross, IMO.

Preperation is key. Take your time and soak em in salt water to draw the blood out of the fillets and it is good to go. Here is a website I just found through a quick google search showing how to fillet one.

http://www.bowfishingmadness.com/Gar-Cleaning.html

Hub

That is awesome. Thank you for the link. Now I wish I hadnt thrown it back. :hithead:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trust me I know about fishing a good pond, my FIL's is the honey hole.

I hope his grass carp are steralized. My FILs pond has 2 of them we put in there several years ago and one of them is as big as a human, in length, now.

Hub

The grass carp he put in are pretty small, and they haven't done a whole lot of weed clearing yet, but the people at the fish farm where he bought them said that when they get too big, they need to come out as they can cause water turbulance and cloudy water. He said to shoot them, and put in smaller ones.
They do get big though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom