$1 round for 5.56? Isn't that a bit much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the last 2 months of .223/5.56 when found on shelves. Searching the web you can find it cheaper. The only places I've seen that had regular prices like academy or Walmart had lines waiting for every shipment.

Hopefully that all changes sooner than later.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I accidentally bought a buttload of tracer ammo thinking it was XM-193 (slipped up and bought XM-196) before all this scare crap went down. I think I've got close to 500rds left. For the longest time you couldn't shoot it for fear of lighting the countryside on fire though.
Yeah, I thought I'd found a great deal on some 5.56 a couple of years ago; should've paid more attention to the fine print. Maybe I should go shoot it up before we dry up again...

ibanda

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought .223 was too small of a rifle round to be really interesting. Then in about 2007 I saw the ammo was 19 cents a round and that made the whole AR thing look like fun. I wish I had stocked up on ammo back then!

I have shot tracers out of an AR at night over a large private lake, it was fun.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot thousands of rounds of tracer back in the day. I still enjoy doing it safely when it won't cause fires. I bought 500 pulled military rounds in .308 from Sportsmans guide, and have loaded a couple of hundred so far in the .30-06.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot thousands of rounds of tracer back in the day. I still enjoy doing it safely when it won't cause fires. I bought 500 pulled military rounds in .308 from Sportsmans guide, and have loaded a couple of hundred so far in the .30-06.
Tracers enable you to see what richocets are all about. You won't believe what a bullet will do after it strikes something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom