10/22 mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got Hot Lips and Steel Lips from Butler Creek and haven't had a problem with either in my gun. I even have 4 of the 50 round Ramline's and I haven't had any problems with them either. They feed just fine in my gun running Federal bulk, even when I load them all the way.

I 2nd or 3rd the Steel lipped Hot Lips from Butler Creek. Have never had a issue with one.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the factory 10 rounders are as good as it gets, then i ve had good sucess w/ butler creek(non steel) lips, eagle 10 rounders, but my 10/22 and charger dont like the eagle 30 rounders( have 2 new ones been used once sitting in bottom drawer) ramline SUCKS!! big time, the 25 rounders(i have 2 of those) but the 50 ticked me off so bad i smashed it and searched for a reason why it was so horrible.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
academy sports has the steel lip butler creek mags. If you are careful when loading the plastic lip ones work great. Then again I have had the same ones for 10 years. I bought it at walmart back when walmart carried a good supply of gun mags.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Rugers i've owned are well known for not functioning with anything but factory magazines.

My 10-22 and MKII will not make it through a full magazine unless it is made by Ruger.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of the variations in experience that folks have from mag to mag is actually partially caused by differences from 10/22 to 10/22.

I didn't know until I owned 3 of them how much difference there was in 10/22s over the years and how much variance Ruger has from rifle to rifle in pretty much any 10/22 built in the mid-90s or later.

They're super-popular ultra-cheap plinkers for a reason - and that reason isn't because they're winning any contests in the QC department. They've got a good design and it works, but there's some pretty sloppy machining on most if not all modern-day 10/22s.

If the Butler Creek Steel lips mags aren't working then the TI adjustable mags might be the only thing out there that will work for you since you can custom adjust them to fit your rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom