10/22 to Charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda figured that. I have 2 10/22's, one custom built plinker and the other is just a beat up dust junky that I thought I could throw together for another toy.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i ordered a new stainless receiver from brownells put metal parts from 1022 on it. sold 1022 receiver for almost enough to pay for new receiver

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its a stupid law. You cant convert a rifle marked reciever into a pistol but you can switch a pistol reciever back and forth from pistol to rifle.. Makes alot of sence right. Plum stupid but thats how it is

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a stupid law. You cant convert a rifle marked reciever into a pistol but you can switch a pistol reciever back and forth from pistol to rifle.. Makes alot of sence right. Plum stupid but thats how it is

Well, technically ATF says you can only go pistol to rifle and back to pistol on the Thompson Center KITS that were sold with all of the rifle/pistol parts. Here is a letter from ATF in response to a request to turn an Uzi Pistol into a Carbine and then back to a Pistol. ATF said no.

ai462.photobucket.com_albums_qq344_quiet_wolf_BATFEletterpistolrifle1.jpg

ai462.photobucket.com_albums_qq344_quiet_wolf_BATFEletterpistolrifle2.jpg