10,500.00 Glock??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I carry Glocks and 1911s and feel confident about both, it's just fun to throw out the line every once and awhile....

Me too but I don't like 1911's personally.

And for nearly a 100 years..... well before you were teaching Paul Blart how to shoot, the 1911 was actually in service helping defend this country. Worked quite nicely.

Don't know this Blart,is he some kind of 30 something hero?
I have known quite a few WW2 vets and not one carried the great 1911.Some carried M1 Garand some M1 Carbine and some 38 S&W but none carried the "jamomatic" as it was described

Anecdotes aside.... the pics and proof don't lie. Glock has had some miscues on their designs from time to time. Although we call those "upgrades" don't we? :D

Show me proof internet boy,I base my opinions on personal experience,not interweb pics.Of course we know they never lie.:rolleyes2

You should trade your Colt for a brand spaking new 4th Gen. Eric tells me those are doing fabulously. After you call up Glockmeister and get their retro-fit. ;)

I might do that but for a 21SF.

Oh and just for kicks..... G17, factory ammo.

ai304.photobucket.com_albums_nn180_ottosync_Glock_broken_glock17.jpg

I call B/S in that one....factory ammo my a$$.

And that's all I've got to say about that. :fullauto:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know this Blart,is he some kind of 30 something hero?

Google it and you'll get up to speed. :D Dunno about the hero part.... I sure hope not.

As for the rest, we've been through this before. You somehow believe that the nearly 2 million 1911s produced through WWII never saw any service and that's great, that's a totally rational perception. :ugh2:

Just repeat to yourself.... Glocks never KB, the barrels were never unsupported, Police depts have never dropped their .40glocks for 9mm Glocks and Glock never solved that frame flex problem with the 4thgens which work fabulously, and Glock has never had a recall.

I might do that but for a 21SF.

Hope your trigger bar doesn't rub slowing the slide..... I'm sure they have an "upgrade" by now.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Google it and you'll get up to speed. :D Dunno about the hero part.... I sure hope not.

As for the rest, we've been through this before. You somehow believe that the nearly 2 million 1911s produced through WWII never saw any service and that's great, that's a totally rational perception. :ugh2:

You seem to miss the point,I certainly know that many were produced and probably carried.I have just been looking for 1 WW2 vet that actually used in combat and killed someone with one.My search continues.

Just repeat to yourself.... Glocks never KB, the barrels were never unsupported, Police depts have never dropped their .40glocks for 9mm Glocks and Glock never solved that frame flex problem with the 4thgens which work fabulously, and Glock has never had a recall.

Once again,I've never seen one in person and never had so much as a stoppage of any kind,other than some Egypt manufacture milsurp that would FTF in any 9 it was shot in,in 22 years of shooting Glocks.I've owned maybe 20 currently have 5 including a 19 I bought in 1990 that has had may thousands of rounds through it.

Hope your trigger bar doesn't rub slowing the slide..... I'm sure they have an "upgrade" by now.

That's similar to what my last Kimber did.The slide lock would lock the side to the rear with ammo still in the gun.Rounds would push it up as they fed.Messaged it extensively and it did it less but still did it.Replaced it with a Wilson and it still did it so I dumped it and never looked back.Just one of the endless failures of 1911's I've owned.

So you keep hugging your stone reliable 1911's and I'll keep hugging my "catastrophic failure" prone Glocks.Besides your 1911's are good for the economy,keeping many jobs manufacturing parts to replace substandard factory ones.;)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You seem to miss the point,I certainly know that many were produced and probably carried.I have just been looking for 1 WW2 vet that actually used in combat and killed someone with one.My search continues.

Well that's definately concrete and full of logic.
Once again,I've never seen one in person and never had so much as a stoppage of any kind,other than some Egypt manufacture milsurp that would FTF in any 9 it was shot in,in 22 years of shooting Glocks.I've owned maybe 20 currently have 5 including a 19 I bought in 1990 that has had may thousands of rounds through it.

Right, got it, don't doubt it. Problem is that you're not the only person to own a Glock.
That's similar to what my last Kimber did.The slide lock would lock the side to the rear with ammo still in the gun.Rounds would push it up as they fed.Messaged it extensively and it did it less but still did it.Replaced it with a Wilson and it still did it so I dumped it and never looked back.Just one of the endless failures of 1911's I've owned.

Yep, lotsa shooters need to be aware of where their thumbs are. ;)

So you keep hugging your stone reliable 1911's and I'll keep hugging my "catastrophic failure" prone Glocks

Well I'll have to "hug" both.

Besides your 1911's are good for the economy

This is true and I'm not going to hang my head about putting money into someone local like Barry Greyson's pocket to build me a 1911, relative to Gaston Glock.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
GM and I go back a ways here,I can always count on GM when Glock vs 1911 comes up to regale us with the same old recycled interweb pics. :D

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's lacking in logic?? I meet WW2 vets at St Francis almost everyday and I ask.....Did you ever carry a 1911 in the great war??

Answer(so far)" No, I carried a ______."

Right, so 2.7 million were produced for just the U.S. military over several decades, but nobody ever carried one because some individual that works in a hospital in Tulsa supposedly conducts informal interviews with WWII vets and nobody has admitted to carrying one yet? As I said... definately concrete.

Latest posts

Top Bottom