100-yards+ 20 round shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since there is a time limit on editing, the leaderboard will be at the of each scoring post.

RULES:

1) Any rifle in any caliber, any muzzle devices, any weight, any sights
There will be an overall standings chart, but I will also run sub-ladders:
Semi - autoloaders must be fed from the magazine ... please no bob sled/single shot followers or single feed by hand.
OEM barrel - common OEM barreled rifle, rifles you get at chain store - Colt, DPMS, Kimber, Remington, Ruger, Savage, TC, Tikka, Winchester etc. $1500 MSRP max donor.
Bullseye - 5 possible points, you get a point every time you hit the very center of the target (normalized to 100yards)
CtC < caliber*(distance_in_yards/100) / 2

2) Bipod or benchrest for the front. No mechanical rests, no vice. Any rear support (bags, monopods, squeeze-bags, etc).

3) This is going to be 100+ yard challenge. All measurements are going to be in MOA. Since some people think that 100 yards is boring or that VLD bullets aren't stable yet - you can submit entries at any distance past 100 yards (not closer).

4) 3 groups of 5 shots + 5 bullseye shots = 20 rounds total.
The three groups can be anywhere on the target.
The 5 shots will be scored from Point of Aim to Point of impact - the worst one of five will be counted as your 4th group.
The score will the average of 4 groups.
Must be on ONE target. You can use any target that makes your shooting more pleasant. Make sure there is enough space between groups to distinguish them. The bullseye must be obvious aka printed target with dots/diamonds/squares etc.
Printable target:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxdZBsajKwARdGFxVE03UkwxTkU/edit
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B32uMamJ7SAPdUs2Q2ZsSE5PemM/edit
http://accurateshooter.net/targets/targetdiamondgrid.gif

5) Any one can have multiple entries, but there will be only one entry per rifle. You can try again with the same rifle and improve your standing. Or you can shoot a different rifle and have a separate entry. Switching barrel to a different caliber will count as a new rifle.

6) This round is over with 50 entries.

7) Please, be honest!!!

That's all.

ENTRY:

1) Please post a picture of your rifle as shot

2.a) Write your username on the target
2.b) Write distance to the target
2.c) Write the rifle and caliber you were shooting
2.d) Write the date the target was shot

3) Place a US Quarter or closed calipers in the middle of the target (away from groups, don't try to be funny and cover a flyer) and post picture of entire target showing all 20 shots. You don't need to measure anything - just post the picture of target with a Quarter or Calipers on it (or both). Try to take picture at 90deg to the target so that there is no perspective errors.

A Quarter is .955" and will be used as a reference in OnTarget software. I will personally run every entry through the software to the best of my ability. If someone wants to volunteer to double check my input - that would be great.

If you don't live in US - you can use any large coin of your choice with a diameter measurement.

4) Barrel maker, load data, conditions etc - up to you.

SUMMARY:

Any rifle @ any distance past 100 yards.
Take a picture of your shooting rig.
Shoot 20 rounds - 3 groups of 5 and 5 on bullseye dots on one piece of paper
Write your name, distance, rife/caliber and date on the target.
Place a Quarter or calipers on the target and take a picture.
Post both pictures, add info as desired.
I will do the tedious measuring for you and post back in the thread and put you on the leaderboard.
Have fun. This is a good opportunity to get your zero in check!

EXAMPLE OF ENTRY:
i58.tinypic.com_ng54yr.jpg

i60.tinypic.com_50qw4o.jpg

EXAMPLE OF SCORING:
Name: StogieC
Rifle: Core30 TAC LR / 308 Win 100y
Worst CtC: .829 MOA
Average: 1.023 MOA
Bullseye: 0

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like a good test.
I was saddened by my last 5 for 5 and cut my 10fp barrel 3" shorter and recrowned it.
It is shooting much better now but I have not shot it at 100 yards but 1 time to see where the bullet impacted in case a deer came that close.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The challenged originated on snipershide, but I don't see eye-to-eye with the owners. We might have some out of state visitors to claim the spots ;)

Attn "visitors" from snipershide **ROUND5 !!** 100YARD+, 20round SHOOTOUT!!
I have all the targets and scores saved - all you have to do is claim it.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am claiming my target from the Hide. Same username. Anything else you need from me?

Remington 700 SS 5R 24" .308
SAC threaded muzzle, installed tactical bolt knob, cerakoted and installed in XLR Tactical Carbon chassis
Seekins 20moa base
Seekins/Vortex 35mm 1.265" rings
Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 EBR-2B
Atlas bipod
rear bag

Load
42g IMR 4064
1x FC '12 brass
210M
175smk
2.2170" ogive

MoBoost