17 Aguila

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found some 17 Aguila ammo. I like the ballistics and they're supposed to be better on small game than the HM2 or HMR bullets. Faster and flatter than .22 LR, but I can't find any barrels for them.

Does anyone know what the dimensions are so that I can get a barrel cut down to fit them?

I figure that a .17 cal barrel should handle them because they're the same weight/length as the Mach 2 and HMR's.

I'd really like to get an H&R barrel, but since the Aguila is shorter than any of the other .17 cal rimfires, I don't think it's practicable.

Lizard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got more info. The HM2 results in a longer leade than is good for the Aguila. It's still accurate, but less so than it should be. I did find the twist rate and that the Aguila uses a 24" barrel for testing. I put some rounds in my 10/22 magazine and they fed without problems when I racked the bolt back and forth. Hopefully this will carry over to live fire. Especially since I now have a barrel, stock, 10/22 and 6k rounds. I also got a source for a chamber reamer. After that, a gunsmith.

Latest posts

Top Bottom