1st Coyote of the Year...Bad Pic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my first coyote of the fall tonight. Started with some young pup howls on an open reed and then turned on the foxpro to cowtip cottontail, one of Tony Tebbe's sounds that I loaded on it. Big male came in right at last light. .17 Remington did the trick again at about 75 yrds. I did have the MOJO Puppy out too and he came to about 10 yrds of it and stopped to watch it. Only had my phone that doesn't have flash and a small pocket flashlight on me. Got in the deer stand tonight but the wind was switching directions constantly so decided to come out and try calling before I ruined the stand.
[Broken External Image]

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went over this last weekend Bassin. Called in 2 big bulls Sat morning. Had my brother out in front of me since he paid for the hunt and I was calling. They both wanted to come to the cow bad and came back twice after they winded us but they were circling too far out for his recurve. I think the closest they got to him was 50 yrds or so. The guy hunting the quarter behind us killed one of them I think. We could hear him yelling. That was the only action we had. We could hear them on the quarter ne of us across a road and saw them in there Sunday morning.....2 bulls with a herd of cows, but could not ever get them to come across the road. It is a tough hunt on such a little piece of ground when elk move the way they do.

Rick Means

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shootin' I'm sure wanting to go to Greer Co. to hunt. Problem is it is often so windy it is tough to call. I am wanting to use some of the scents this time to see how they work attracting the "yotes."

Latest posts

Top Bottom