200 yards with creedmoor and 10 yards with glock.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the range to test the Ruger American Predator 6.5 creedmoor at 200 yards.
First picture is the full target but hard to see hits in the blue.
Second picture is better picture with the first 4 shots kind of spread out. First 4 shots (circled 1 through 4). Second 5 shots are in the large circle listed (3 through 7). Yeah I know I used 3 twice but I almost put hole in hole with 3/4.
Wind was gusting from 11 to 18 mph (estimate). Ammo was Fusion 140 grain.
Comments and suggestions would be appreciated before I start tweaking the sights. Ha.
ADA 200 yards 2.JPG ADA 200 yards 1.JPG
After the outdoor range I went to an indoor range and shot my Glock 19 Gen 4 with Vortex Venom Red Dot at 10 yards. Remington 114 grain.
Pic one is the first few shots and the next picture is the target before I left for the day.
Ada glock 1.JPG Ada glock 2.JPG

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The glock looks like it is dialed in well. You have done a great job getting used to the dot. As for the 6.5, well I would bag the rear and the front as well. Take off the bipod as it still allows for movement from several directions and shoot it again fully supported. Then Mr. Damon will be taken out of the equation and your true shots will be recorded. Then after zero, put the bipod back on and see what ya can do. Just my .02 cents, but that is how I would do it. Takes a little bit more time, but judging by your commitment that should not be an issue.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The glock looks like it is dialed in well. You have done a great job getting used to the dot. As for the 6.5, well I would bag the rear and the front as well. Take off the bipod as it still allows for movement from several directions and shoot it again fully supported. Then Mr. Damon will be taken out of the equation and your true shots will be recorded. Then after zero, put the bipod back on and see what ya can do. Just my .02 cents, but that is how I would do it. Takes a little bit more time, but judging by your commitment that should not be an issue.
Thanks. I was kinda of thinking the same but needed confirmation.
Going to go bag, front and back, and see what happens. Might go with a better bipod in the future after I'm sure of my zero.
As far as taking the prick Matt Damon out of the equation, I think I've done all I can.
Unlike other creatures, Mr. Damon is active day and night. I make sure and check the wind for any scent (Mr. Damon gives off the scent of cream puffs or fruit). I check the weather, in case there's a chance of snowflakes in the region (Mr. Damon is closely associated with snowflakes you know). I check the roads leading in and out of the shooting range. I look in the trash because he most dangerous when he's amongst friends. And I ALWAYS look over my shoulder before I shoot.
He's a wily adversary and always finds a way to make my life miserable.
I think he's the reason all of us miss the x on occasion. We just need to admit it. MATT DAMON DID IT!

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bi-pod probably isn't as much of a problem as the wind is.
Those gusty winds can toss a shot real easy.
Here's my 100 yard 5 shot group shooting from bi-pod and rear bag at Wilshire where wind wasn't a factor.

Attachments

• 20160716_154416.jpg
    20160716_154416.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 144

Latest posts

Top Bottom