2010 controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang man! :mad: What in the hell? Did you ever call or write them and ask them to verify that you are indeed building up pref. points?

I've been selected twice in the last 6 years.

You can call them about your preference points. Lots of people lost theirs for awhile a few years back when they went from the SSN to a Drivers License # and people didn't read the small print to get them transferred.
Now they require both, so you should have gotten your points back. Give them a call and see what gives. They were pretty friendly to me when I called about the same thing a couple of years ago.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put in my application for controlled hunts for the first time ever this year. Hope I'm one of those first timers!

Well, I have been on the Quail hunt at least. But that is the only one despite putting in for all buy the night hunts. For several years too. But I do hear a lot of stories of first timers luck on getting drawn on these hunts. I wish you luck.

awww.fototime.com_C6A46B678A3E424_standard.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My highschool buddy and I have been putting in for the elk hunt since 1970. He finally got drawn 4 years ago. I went as his helper, and at least 1/4th of the hunters were first timers.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes brother, it is the only place they draw for Quail with the controlled hunts. Kinda neat to have the gate closed and locked behind you with 4000 acres to yourself for a day. My dog found only a few Quail, but we had real tough conditions with high winds and it was somewhat of a drought year when I was there, but it was worth it to get to hunt such beautiful countryside.

awww.fototime.com_FF6BCD3471238EA_standard.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom