2010 controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gold!!!!

Que?

I have been ready a book called "oklahoma treasure and treasure tales" and its awesome. It give an account of an old kettle that was dug up on the east side of Tarbone mtn. It was some sort of map that was burried and never been found. Also the have found old spanish weights. In the area, they believe that the spanish visited and spent a great deal of time n the area especially west of the wichita mtns

Sorry im a bit off topic, but i strongly believe there is a reason why 2/3 of the area is fenced off and metal detectors will get you the boot

Reaction score
Please only put in for what you WILL make plans to attend and hunt. This in many cases the only means for management the areas hosting hunts will get. It also doesn't take the chance away from somebody who will make the hunt

I agree, but I mean, put in for it if you're interested in it. I want them all, and would attend any/all drawn for. But putting in for all doesn't lower your chance on any ONE thing, does it?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, but I mean, put in for it if you're interested in it. I want them all, and would attend any/all drawn for. But putting in for all doesn't lower your chance on any ONE thing, does it?

The only way it lowers your chance is if you are drawn for an elk or antelope hunt, you defer you deer hunt options for that year. I was on a hunt a couple years ago that only 39 out of 50 showed up, and there were only 3 of us hunting the next day because of rain. The biologist and I had around 30 minutes discussion before and after my hunt on the second day. I was successful and he was telling me that on the state parks and areas not open to hunting, the controlled hunts are there only means for harvest. They know they will not have a 100% success rate but they rely on the hunters drawn to show up for the hunt.

Dr. Tad, I misunderstood your intent when you said apply for everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom