2010 controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are from my buddies hunt in 2004

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Elk_20Hunt_202004_PC090128.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Elk_20Hunt_202004_PC080117.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Elk_20Hunt_202004_PC080115.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Elk_20Hunt_202004_PC080112.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Elk_20Hunt_202004_PC080107.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Elk_20Hunt_202004_PC080103.jpg

Reaction score
Hey guys did everyone sign up yet?

Listen, is my thinking correct on elk hunt draws, as follows:

It's once in a lifetime draw, meaning that if you get drawn for a cow only hunt, even though you're more likely to get drawn, if you do get drawn for a cow hunt, you are never again eligible for an either-sex hunt.
Therefore, if you want a chance at a bull, you should NEVER put in for a cow-only hunt, because you just might get drawn.

Do I have my facts/premises correct here, or is the once-in-a-lifetime thing applicable only to either-sex hunts? Thanks.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you are correct and they only run about 50% on cows. Bulls go almost 100% sucess rate. I put in for the cow hunt and got it and came home empty handed. I probably should have held out for the bull hunt, but I had a hell of a time anyway. Just being back in some of the areas that are off limits to teh general public....thinking of all the gold burried in the hills. That thought was always in the back of my mind.

Reaction score
Few are more deserving than Dennis, I'm sure.

Man, WHY do they make us wait until JULY for results!! :mad:

PS. I got drawn for McAlester AAP the first time I put in for it, but didn't really care for it, and shooting a traditional bow numbs my hand and forearm all up, so now I just put in for muzzleloader and rifle hunts for deer. Occasionally a non-McAAP archery.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just submitted my application for the hunts..

I put in for:
Wichita Elk hunts all either sex
2- Either Sex speed goat hunts
Deer-Wichita mts, Salt Plains 11-26-28 hunt, Sandy Sanders-powder, Mcallister AAP last weekend, and Canton Gun..

four canyons turkey hunt and two Mcallister AAP turkey hunts..

Anyone ever drew any of these deer hunts?? I put in for canton just because im familiar with it.. I have seen some GIANT bucks on Wichita mts reserve before..Sandy Sanders has mulies.. I know these are the most popular hunts, but i really don't care, I have plenty of places to kill deer.. Its just a bonus if I get drawn.. I would be stoked if I drew an elk tag though..

Latest posts

Top Bottom