2010 High Plains Shotgun Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance Jensen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lance I can hook you for slugs Fiocchi Arrow Low recoil or Fed Low recoil if you need them. Trapr is also bringing a case or two of Fed flight control low recoil OO for people to buy at cost if they can't find any, so just let me know.

The match is shaping up real well we just got Fiocchi U.S.A. as a sponsor, and of course Nordic Components is giving big. I will get a whole list of companies that have donated prises. The prise table is looking good. BTW we may have a couple of side matches, and remember there is the cash payback team match. We are also going to have a 3-stage IPSC postal match that will also have a prise structure. If anyone has any interest in shooting this match go to our web site highplainsshotgunchallenge.com and get an ap. in asap as we are rapidly approaching the cut off number. Kurt Miller R.M.

I may take you up on that! I've never shot Fiocchi, but the Federal's shoot about 4 inches right out of my gun, so NO Federals for me. I know the Remington slugs shoot spot on, just can't find any low recoil right now.

Maybe I'll do it like last year and shoot the full power stuff. Pinto can get his laughs again while the next bay wonders why empty hulls are falling from the sky :rotflmao:

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Due to life dealing some real bad cards, I won't be attending Mesa guys so I won't be obtaining any Fiocchi stuff for you all, sorry.

Also for any of you that may have known Eddie Rhodes, one of the orriginal 3-gunner,s "Fast Eddie". He died today suddenly while out running. I will miss him! KurtM

sonny74

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few days till the match, I can't wait. Just finished install the DMW EZ loader for my Remi 1100. Man! it was a pain in the butt. The installation only took me 20 minutes but the filing/adjusting to make the timing correctly took me 2 days. That included time at the range testing it out. Hopefully it won't break on me during the match. Anyway, I got shells and carriers ready. What else do I need for this match? Any advices for a first timer for this match? If you're not ROing, you just show up 7:00am on Sat for registration, right?

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I pulled off my first 7.50 shot/load 8/shot from port arms on an auto popper set at 10 yards the other day. I remember when I couldn't do that in 12 seconds.

Will I be able to do that at the match, prolly not. But it will still be fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom