2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championship

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to Kurt Miller for winning Tac Irons at the Ozark 3 gun and making it into the 3 Gun Nation shoot off again. Other notable finishes were Phil Strader - 10th Tac Optics, Doug Bowdler - 14th Tac Optics, Chris Andersen in his first major 3 gun 27th Tac Optics, Dianna Liedorff - 35th Tac Optics and High Lady, Kelly Raglin - 9th Open.

Here is the video from the match. You guys missed a godd one. The stage design in natural terrain was really cool and the weather was almost perfect.

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championship Match - Jesse Tischauser.mpg

Chris_Andersen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How far where those flash targets that were on the far side of the water, and the small steel pistol targets?

Those rifle targets over the water were all at about 200 yards. This match had lots of tough pistol steel shots on 5x5 plates at anywere between 15-25 yards away at times. The long range rifle stage went all the way out to 500 yards.

Jesse had a very good match too when his guns were working. A broken rifle bolt in the middle of a stage tends to be really costly on your time. He got a new bolt, that didnt want to work in his gun afterwards that cost him a great run (and probably an appearance on 3-gun nation) on the lake stage.

Sorry for my "Blair Witch" style camera work by the way.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those rifle targets over the water were all at about 200 yards. This match had lots of tough pistol steel shots on 5x5 plates at anywere between 15-25 yards away at times. The long range rifle stage went all the way out to 500 yards.

Jesse had a very good match too when his guns were working. A broken rifle bolt in the middle of a stage tends to be really costly on your time. He got a new bolt, that didnt want to work in his gun afterwards that cost him a great run (and probably an appearance on 3-gun nation) on the lake stage.

Sorry for my "Blair Witch" style camera work by the way.

Chris, Di, and Doug all would have done a few places better in the overall had the long range rifle stage #9 not gotten thrown out. Chris scorched that thing 2 seconds behind National Champion Daniel Horner and Doug and Di where definately in the top 10 on that one. It was a real bummer seeing teh tossed stage hurt the homies trip to the prize table like that even though it was not my strongest stage by any means.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like lots of fun. I would like to try it but I am not sure I could do that much running.

This match had a ton of opportuinities to run and gun. Most guys just walk fast or jog a little and gun. I saw a woman that was in her late 50's or maybe even 60's climb up that tower so anybody that likes to shoot and wants to have fun can do it.

p.s. She smoked me on the long range shooting once she was up the tower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom