2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championship

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse, what was the deal with the last stage being thrown out or something like that?

It was the long range rifle stage and had 6 MGM flash targets scattered from 165 yards to 325 yards. There was also two full size iron harry's at 380 yards & 480 yard 30 second bonus target. These targets were all engaged from a platform about 8-10 feet off the ground. There was an RO with binoculars and a spotting scope on scaffolding behind the platfrom watching for hits. There was a ton of confusion as to weather or not the shooter was making hits and the RO was looking at a different target and not calling the hits. A lot of shooters felt that they had shot several targets that never got called hits. So the stage was thrown out on account of fairness to everyone. It was a really cool long range stage it just needed more RO's watching and listening for hits. None of us on the ground could see the target because of the foliage between us and the targets.

I watched some of your video and I noticed on one stage, you took off and just LEFT the RO. You took off running to get to the point of engagement and he was at a slow trot and had to try to speed up. I just thought it was funny.

All but 2 stages required at least a 20 yard full speed run. The longest run was like 50 yards or so. Those RO's had to run 200+ shooters down that path so I guess they got to the point where they probably felt like strapping the timer on our backs and letting us go.

The running and gunning was pretty awesome. That stage with the door breaches had your runnign so far and so fast that I ran 3-5 steps past the fault line and had to hit the reverse lever.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I started...then I watched you have issues getting the AR loaded on the first 15 seconds - I'm like UH OH this is gonna be a lonnnnng day

I had 3 great stages. I was top 20 on 2 and top 10 on the other. Then 3 terrible stages 2 of which were because oif my rifle problems. The other 2 were just vanilla. I could have done better but made a mistake or two that cost me a good finish.

These big 3 gun matches or really any 3 gun match you have to be fast and have yoru head on straight to do well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom