2012 Rut Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This evening was fun filled.

I saw a very large deer locked on a doe and eventually breeding her. He would have been an easy stalk. Except that he was on the wrong side of the fence all evening.

I saw three different bucks chasing the same doe. They ran three different circles around the little nob I was sitting on.

I saw two separate bucks cruising through.

I also saw 6 lonesome does.

Great night. The only shooter, huge deer, was the one across the fence a few hundred yards. Biggest of the others was in the 130' range.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Saw several little bucks roaming, two bigger bucks each with a doe bedded out in wide open wheat fields. Those bucks were standing over them waiting. Those were the only does I saw as well. Lock down city up here. Hoping to shoot a doe with pistol this morning so I sat in a stand that just about 100% on doe if one wants. None came through.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My hunting buddy shot a nice 10 point tonight in NC OK. Said he came barreling through like a freight train. No does nearby. He put him down with a solid shot and said the tarsals could be smelled as he was walking up. He also saw two basket racks dogging a doe for an hour as they zig-zagged across his shooting lanes.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Had a group of does under me before shooting light this morning. Had a doe at 6:50 come bouncing thru, and about every ten minutes after that, a buck travel her trail looking. No shooters. At 8am had 5 more does come almost right underneath me, one fell to the revolver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom