2013-2014 waterfowl success/pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's on in the morning fellas! 3-5k mallards and 1,500 geese on a small watershed. Now I know how my daughter felt the night before Christmas a couple of weeks back.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Water is still frozen here..............field hunt pending tomorrow evening. Did the birds keep it open?

Birds kept it open, but unfortunately for us it got warm enough for plenty of the other ponds in the area to thaw out. The birds spread out and didn't do exactly what we had hoped. We still managed to kill a few but had to grind it out! As always, I took plenty of opportunities to let the scenery sink in and thank the good Lord for such a beautiful day!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice Porter!........ours was a little more....interesting I'd guess you'd call it. Justin and another guy went this morning on a field hunt, lots of birds, not cooperative, he bagged one nice speck(pics coming I assume). Tonight we had hundreds of birds, but they didn't want our end of the field, but managed 4. Just after sunset, we had them landing in the spread all around us......... so we just lay there and enjoyed the show! Zero wind and nothing but the sound of wings catching air.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_12549_1389486910303_zpsffd16d94.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom