2013-2014 waterfowl success/pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Justin, I had the same thing happen over water last weekend. 2 minutes after LST closed they started diving in. Had to sit there and watch the most plumed out bull canvasback just glide through the decoys not to mention a few hundred mallards.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got a good duck hunt in with my brother and dad in Muskogee. We hunted in some flooded timber near Dirty Creek on my brother's father-in-law's land. Shot 20 mallards, a pair of woodies and a couple gadwalls between 4 of us. Had a great time out with family.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got a good duck hunt in with my brother and dad in Muskogee. We hunted in some flooded timber near Dirty Creek on my brother's father-in-law's land. Shot 20 mallards, a pair of woodies and a couple gadwalls between 4 of us. Had a great time out with family.

Congratulations on a great hunt!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way to go Lonnie! Big pile of waterfowl.

Okie, I've taken two wood ducks, and they were the only ducks I like to eat until recently. Saw some on the north end of Kaw last year.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome hunt Lonnie! Gotta say I'm a little jealous of the flooded timber. I've never had a true, real deal timber hunt.

Okie, I may be able to help you out with the wood duck next year. We usually get a pretty good number of them in my part of the state in the early season.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds good, I grew up in Bartlesville deer hunting the river and saw them all the time and never thought anything of them. Seen a few out in the Woodward/Mooreland area on some canyon ponds.................none down the center though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom