2014 Rut info thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Wheat cleanings, where would I get me a truckload of that? Grain Coop I assume, cheaper than corn?

Yes much cheaper. Not sure of it's availability after august/september. I think the last time I paid for some it was 3 cents a pound, but that was a couple of years ago. You'll have to modify your feeder spinner, as the wind will keep blowing off of a normal spinner, but I just throw it on the ground anyway. A lot of it has germinated, and the deer where eating green wheat all around the corn pile last night as well.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Saw deer moving absolutely all times during the day today along both the highways and backroads of NC OK. One buck was so enamored by a hot doe he almost ran head on into upcoming traffic. He stopped like a kid at a crosswalk but his eyes never left the doe on the other side of road (and fence).

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw deer moving absolutely all times during the day today along both the highways and backroads of NC OK. One buck was so enamored by a hot doe he almost ran head on into upcoming traffic. He stopped like a kid at a crosswalk but his eyes never left the doe on the other side of road (and fence).

emotibot.net_pix_3318.gif

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Had a female friend text me about a buck running up the road chasing a doe close to noon right off the kilpatrick. And I saw one on total lockdown around two o'clock off the tree line in a qtr of alfalfa neither one cared when I stopped about 400 yds off to glass him. Also seeing lots of fawns alone.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My son said he saw bucks chasing everywhere today too. He was traveling through NW OK and SW KS.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes much cheaper. Not sure of it's availability after august/september. I think the last time I paid for some it was 3 cents a pound, but that was a couple of years ago. You'll have to modify your feeder spinner, as the wind will keep blowing off of a normal spinner, but I just throw it on the ground anyway. A lot of it has germinated, and the deer where eating green wheat all around the corn pile last night as well.

The elevator's around Ponca won't sell wheat cleanings. They Sell them to some company.

Last edited:

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang. Hadn't seen or heard anything this morning. I can even see a open section of field. Nothing so far.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_14_579fcbe3a5046c31c2c698bb300b13b9.jpg

Maybe they chased them clean off my land.

Sent from my tree stand.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Had several people texting me and sending pics of bucks standing over doe locked down this morning.........................

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just made a run out to the ranch at lunch to get some parts and went in to looks at some hay meadows. At 1:00 there were 22 does out on the hay meadow with three bucks out there giving them hell. One bigger 8 pt had a single doe peeled off to the side and was on her like stink on a monkey.

Latest posts

Top Bottom