2014 Rut info thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't seen much rut activity out here in NWOK. Shot a buck that had a doe with him on the 21st, believe it was the same buck I saw in heavy fog the morning before. Daughter shot a lone doe on the 26th after waiting for bout an hour for a buck to come out. Have been out a couple days since and haven't seen any deer movement period. I think today would have been good if it weren't for the heavy fog.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about that mysterious vanishing doe you shot Roosta? Ever find the carcass?

Nada. Went out the next two days and never found a sign one. We still have buzzards and vultures around and didn't see any of them milling around. There are so many coyotes I've yet to throw out a carcass and it make it over night. Bummed me out, I wanted to find her bones just to see how she got to where she ended up.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nada. Went out the next two days and never found a sign one. We still have buzzards and vultures around and didn't see any of them milling around. There are so many coyotes I've yet to throw out a carcass and it make it over night. Bummed me out, I wanted to find her bones just to see how she got to where she ended up.

Even after the buzzards are long gone the crows will still show you where the carcass is located..

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out this evening killed a mature buck. He was with a young 1.5 yo buck. The does have grouped back up. Camera a tell me the bucks are getting back on a feeding pattern and the does have grouped back up with the fawns. Appears the rut is pretty well wrapped up at least around here.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Skunked this afternoon/evening for the first time this season, and I could see a lot of ground. Entertained all evening by quail and squirrels though. :)

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother is getting rid of his horses, so no more contest for food soon(all I’ve seen this year is horses, squirrels, and birds; besides the deer I caught on camera).

Latest posts

Top Bottom