2015 Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to go to the meetings every year. Even took a bunch of Scouts one year. (helped them get their "citizenship" badge)

Each and every meeting was the same - regardless of the topic, regardless of public opinion, the proposed ODWC changes happened as if 100% of the citizenry wanted it. Nothing unique about politics, whether game-related or not.

That ain't always the case. I remember a couple of years back some jokers wanted a 1 buck limit during all combined deer seasons, or at least the gun seasons (muzzie and firearm). I won't go into my rant on that one, but suffice it to say that from what I understand public outcry shot that down! If enough people care about it, they will listen!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That ain't always the case. I remember a couple of years back some jokers wanted a 1 buck limit during all combined deer seasons, or at least the gun seasons (muzzie and firearm). I won't go into my rant on that one, but suffice it to say that from what I understand public outcry shot that down! If enough people care about it, they will listen!

Calling me a joker......... :laugh6:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's true - but it is the exception. I remember the big hoopla over scoped muzzleloaders quite a few years ago. Hunters were against it. LGBT lobbied for it, and they won. Even quit calling it "primitive" arms season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom