2015 Ford Bronco maybe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder what the powertrain would be and will it have an ecoboost?

2015 Ford Bronco Specs

So word from our Ford insider is that the 2015 Bronco concept is getting some interest from the corporate brass and from what we are told we really like what we are hearing. First off the Bronco will be based on the F-150 chassis and will only come in the shared 4WD system of the F-150. In fact it seems that the Bronco will share many parts with the Ford F-150 therefore cutting cost for development. The engine choices for the 2015 Ford Bronco that are being mulled over that certainly caught our attention is the 3.5L Ecoboost, 5.0L and the 4.5L Diesel engine options. No word on the specifics but it could possibly mean an SVT edition that uses the 5.0L and possibly some FOX shocks like the Ford Raptor. Sweet! Expect to see a 2Dr and 4Dr version of this 2015 Bronco.

The 4.5l diesel was the v6 version of the 6.0l Powerstroke, which I thought they D/C'd in 2010ish IIRC.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love Broncos and wish they'd bring em back. I don't think it'll happen though. Ford discontinued Bronco to produce the Expedition, if I'm not mistaken, and there are a ton of Expeditions on the road so I really don't see a place for a Bronco.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 4.5l diesel was the v6 version of the 6.0l Powerstroke, which I thought they D/C'd in 2010ish IIRC.
The 6.4 replaced the 6.0 in '08, and the 6.4 has since been replaced by the Ford-designed 6.7 Scorpion. The rather unhappy divorce between Ford and Navistar would pretty much kill any Ford mill based on a Navistar design, but Ford was working on a small diesel for the F150 somewhere around that displacement. They shelved it because the ROI wasn't there and EcoBoost pretty much fills the diesel niche in that class at a fraction of the cost. (I remember reading about a V6 based on the Navistar V8, but I think it was aimed at the heavier classes; I think the one destined for the F150 was a clean-sheet design from Ford.)

If the Bronco ever makes it back into production, it's exceedingly unlikely that it would not have at least one EB mill. Diesel is an almost guaranteed no-go, but if they did use one, it's far more likely that they'd use the 3.2 I5 that's already been federalized for the upcoming Transit van rather than going through the certification on a new mill.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The diesel that was going to go in the F150 was a 4.4L that is now in the Range Rover. I love diesels, but I can't imagine Ford putting one in a Bronco when the smaller, lighter, and objectively more badass Ecoboost is available.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The 6.4 replaced the 6.0 in '08, and the 6.4 has since been replaced by the Ford-designed 6.7 Scorpion. The rather unhappy divorce between Ford and Navistar would pretty much kill any Ford mill based on a Navistar design, but Ford was working on a small diesel for the F150 somewhere around that displacement. They shelved it because the ROI wasn't there and EcoBoost pretty much fills the diesel niche in that class at a fraction of the cost. (I remember reading about a V6 based on the Navistar V8, but I think it was aimed at the heavier classes; I think the one destined for the F150 was a clean-sheet design from Ford.)

If the Bronco ever makes it back into production, it's exceedingly unlikely that it would not have at least one EB mill. Diesel is an almost guaranteed no-go, but if they did use one, it's far more likely that they'd use the 3.2 I5 that's already been federalized for the upcoming Transit van rather than going through the certification on a new mill.

This is the one I'm referring to. IIRC the belt route diagram for the 4.5l was on the sticker on my 6.0l sticker, along with the v10, 5.4, and 7.3l on my 2003 model.
http://www.internationalpowerstroke.com/VT275.html

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom