2017 L5P code P2ADA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like I need to replace the def tank in the 2500HD. From what I’ve read the sensors are part of the tank.

Does anyone have a scan tool to reset the ecm or can recommend one I can buy?

Gunblinder

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think you can just clear the code. I think you gotta run a reductant test and pass to reset the code. I don’t have that kind of scanner but you might need a higher end one for those kind of test. You can clear the code all you want but the countdown to speed limit ions will not reset

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think you can just clear the code. I think you gotta run a reductant test and pass to reset the code. I don’t have that kind of scanner but you might need a higher end one for those kind of test. You can clear the code all you want but the countdown to speed limit ions will not reset
Thanks for the feedback. A member on the board, who has helped me a bunch over the years, let me use his bidirectional Autel scanner. And you’re right, about the reduncant test from what I could find on a duramax forum. The tank temp sensor 2 is the issue causing the error. Why they integrated the sensor into the tank is beyond me!

IMG_9770.jpeg

IMG_9771.jpeg

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not new with the sensor, my 15 duramax had exact same issue. Luckily it was under warranty and covered. They just replaced the entire def tank, no issues since
How long has it been since the replacement? I’m hoping they are using better sensors by now. My truck has just over 51k miles.

What brand DEF do you use?

Gunblinder

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It got replaced in Jan 2019 at Ferguson GMC in Norman. I use regular peak DEF and always ensure the date code to make sure it is freshish. I avoid anything older than a year

Latest posts

Top Bottom