2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow that's amazing! At least you found out it would have survived and don't have to deal with that guilt.
I had gotten another shot on him 3 days later, but hit another twig! I saw him again Tuesday, so I knew he was fine. I'm happy for my friend. A good buck and we got to seal the deal on him. Much better than a stranger killing him and not knowing! Plus, he only has 1 more buck tag and has to put away his rifle [emoji23]

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this guy yesterday morning. Had trail pics of him and a much larger buck for the last couple weeks. Hunted hard with the bow for the last week and decided to break out the gun yesterday morning. He has some cool split tines! Now, back to the bow to get the bigger fella before he leaves town.
Very nice!

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Ain’tHappenin,
I hate that you didn’t get him, but at least it was somebody you know. That wound on the belly is just pretty dang cool. Keep your head up my friend and go after another one.:thumb:
Ha ha ha it's all good. He only has 1 buck tag left and our biggest buck just showed back up in time for me to go on family vacation....

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter took an awesome doe this evening. She has been watching a group of 5 doe and was telling me how big and old one was. I told her this afternoon that if she is confident it would be a good management doe, that she could take her this evening. She saw the doe come out briefly at 4:00 but rather than rush a shot, she elected to wait until the feeder went off at 5:00, hoping the doe would come back and present her with a better shot. Sure enough, 5:15, this pig steps out along with 4 others and goes to munching. Addison said her size made the other 2 mature doe look like fawns.

235 yd shot with my 308. Double lung. Addison even blood trailed the doe herself. All in all, great choices made on her part today.

74D7EB7D-D69A-45D2-AD7F-B7EB4639C7DC.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha ha ha it's all good. He only has 1 buck tag left and our biggest buck just showed back up in time for me to go on family vacation....
Why in God's name do you schedule a vacation during gun season? My family knows any mention of anything outside of hunting during the Rut or gun season is verboten. Wife and I had that discussion 30.5 years ago before getting married. This time of year belongs to me and me alone.:hey3:

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why in God's name do you schedule a vacation during gun season? My family knows any mention of anything outside of hunting during the Rut or gun season is verboten. Wife and I had that discussion 30.5 years ago before getting married. This time of year belongs to me and me alone.:hey3:
My mother..... great grand and wonderful idea. I'll be slightly agitated the entire trip.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went out with my son Sunday morning. It sure looked like those we saw had been getting shot at. Every one of them was skittish and moving at a pretty good clip. Passed on a couple 300 yard shots since I couldn't get them to slow down or stop. A couple does crossed 100 yards in front of us at a full run never slowing down despite my bahhhing. Disappointed we didn't get one, but any day you get to spend quality time hunting with your 10 year old son in the blind is a good day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom