2023 Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish at some point the state would “guarantee” a tag for people that had a certain number of preference points. Dennis’ 29 points feels like that should be a shoe-in for a tag.

I got blanked in the general draw. I was lucky enough to get a couple of landowner antelope tags though so I won’t be complaining.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I wish at some point the state would “guarantee” a tag for people that had a certain number of preference points. Dennis’ 29 points feels like that should be a shoe-in for a tag.

I got blanked in the general draw. I was lucky enough to get a couple of landowner antelope tags though so I won’t be complaining.
So far just this last couple days I've seen more than two dozen guys on FB and other forums that have 26pp or more including myself. So no telling how many total are out there. And those are just the pref points, doesn't count the years prior to the pp, which some have an additional 20 or so years there too.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with needing more elk but a lot of people that draw tags haven’t been putting in very long I know of several that drew a bull tag the first time applying imo that’s not fair
Plus 1000.

I wonder how many out of state applicants there are also? Not Okies that moved out of state but folks who’ve never lived here that are putting in and possibly getting drawn out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom