2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That’s wild, I just checked the paper copy I got at Walmart just a few minutes ago. Sure enough, it says no minimum length for handgun barrels. I could understand the 4 inch minimum but I can’t see using a snubby on deer but I guess to each his own.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the regs that we all get at the sporting goods store and the ODW website are not the legal law.
Oklahoma Title 800 for wildlife and fish is the law. 4” minimum on handguns.

IMG_2196.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how many innocent folk will be in trouble because they went off the regs that were published and put out for people to read?
I actually asked the GW one time because I found a mistake in the pamphlet I got. He is retired now but was a reasonable person in his duties. He said it would be a caution warning the first time unless something else was going on.
He also said that it was not his duty to be an educator. It's up to the people to review the title 800 laws and be familiar with the rules and regulations before going to the field which is what we are doing here.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually asked the GW one time because I found a mistake in the pamphlet I got. He is retired now but was a reasonable person in his duties. He said it would be a caution warning the first time unless something else was going on.
He also said that it was not his duty to be an educator. It's up to the people to review the title 800 laws and be familiar with the rules and regulations before going to the field which is what we are doing here.
The Oklahoma game warden I’ve asked questions won’t give you a straight answer to save his life. He seems like a nice enough guy, but he won’t commit to anything.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Oklahoma game warden I’ve asked questions won’t give you a straight answer to save his life. He seems like a nice enough guy, but he won’t commit to anything.
Thats because special interest groups have had some wildlife laws tailored to make them almost impossible to understand.
Trapping laws as an example. Even GW's couldn't understand the legality of some of those laws, and believe me, I've asked more than a few.
They are getting somewhat cleaned up every year since the ORA (Oklahoma Rifle Association) lobby dismantled themselves with internal politic disputes. They were the prime drivers of the trapping legislation being so restrictive because they all ran coon dogs and didn't like traps, especially snares and conibear traps because they are kill traps.
Almost every state allows snares and conibears, not Oklahoma, and that lobby group was to blame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom