2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let’s get this year started. Who’s got their bows sighted in and ready to get in the stand?

My crossbow is ready to go, but I have to get the one my son hunts with restrung and sighted in.
I just acquired a new to me muzzleloader and am now working on getting it ready to hunt. I honestly don’t know why I bought another muzzleloader, because for the last several years, I’ve already killed my target buck by then or just hunt with my crossbow during ML season. :scratch:

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is sighted in now. zero at 40yrds. Working at getting various ladder stands checked out and safe to use. A few limbs/trees need to trimmed a bit. Since I'm terrible at estimating distances I hang a few ribbons to show distances from the stands here and there

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While sighting in my crossbow I had an accidental dry fire. I understand this could be fatal to the bow. The string flew off. I restrung it with a new string and shot and zeroed it after the incident. It seemed to be fine. Hopefully I dodged a bullet.
You should be fine. If I remember right, you have an Excalibur Equinox, and those old long limb bows are pretty forgiving. My Exomax has been dry fired numerous time, and it still shoots as well as it did when I got it in about 2010.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should be fine. If I remember right, you have an Excalibur Equinox, and those old long limb bows are pretty forgiving. My Exomax has been dry fired numerous time, and it still shoots as well as it did when I got it in about 2010.
Thanks. That eases my anxiety when cocking it now especially coming from an Excalibur pro. I wiped it with a cotton ball checking for any cracks or splinters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom