2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. That eases my anxiety when cocking it now especially coming from an Excalibur pro. I wiped it with a cotton ball checking for any cracks or splinters.
I’m far from an Excalibur expert.🤣
My Exomax has a “chip/splinter” in the camo vernier on one limb, and it still hasn’t broke after a few hundred shots. I can assure you after having two Excaliburs crap limbs that their customer service is great to deal with, but that’s absolutely no help if you’re 500 miles from home on a hunt.
I recommend all Excalibur owners keep a back up bow, but in reality, it’s a good practice no matter what you’re hunting with.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While sighting in my crossbow I had an accidental dry fire. I understand this could be fatal to the bow. The string flew off. I restrung it with a new string and shot and zeroed it after the incident. It seemed to be fine. Hopefully I dodged a bullet.
What vise did you use? I need to get one for my crossbow maintenance.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What vise did you use? I need to get one for my crossbow maintenance.
My bow came with a ‘stringing’ string. The ends slip over the ends of the bow without filling the bow string grooves. Think of it as a string with large plastic washers on each end. The cock it with that string to allow the attachment of the new string.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bow came with a ‘stringing’ string. The ends slip over the ends of the bow without filling the bow string grooves. Think of it as a string with large plastic washers on each end. The cock it with that string to allow the attachment of the new string.
IMG_4420.jpeg
Here’s a pic. Nothing fancy you might be able to make something similar to fit your
bow.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
never seen that before is it homemade or sold? sure would make it easier i have several different presses.
That one looks like mine, and it’s factory. My Dad didn’t have one or lost his and made his own. You just need a loose ring to go over the end of the limb tips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom