2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things are definitely getting spicy. Watching it happen on cell cams is worth the small investment.
I started with a Moultrie cell cam in 2007, and that one was a pretty substantial investment compared to what available today. If the 2g Spartans hadn’t come along about 2009, I would’ve probably just stayed with non cell cams.
IMG_0843.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spotlighters are out tonight. Just had one shining the field across the road. I was on my way to the greenhouse to put some wood in the stove. Put the flashlight beam in their direction and they sped up a little.

My hay guy couldn't get my field cut up to the road on my west side so they can't see the deer as well this year. Hopefully the deer will stay farther back in the tender regrowth.

Every year damn near every night this time of year.
Yep, shoot ‘em with a rifle and check in as a MZ kill if they even do that. At our farms they just cut off the head and leave it. 😡

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck @TedKennedy. Hopefully we’ll see some pics this evening.
We went to Sequoyah Wednesday, hot and humid with weather coming in. Regular deer parade for me - five bucks walked around right under my stand, one at a time. One doe followed their path exactly. She succumbed to a gunshot wound at the scene, Everyone saw deer that evening, one buddy saw a pig as well.
Next morning I saw quite a few deer but due to rain and light, couldn't be sure if they were legal does, so no shot.
Thursday evening was sunny and hot and the deer weren't moving at all.

Good trip, lousy weather for deer hunting - hot, humid, sunny,

Latest posts

Top Bottom