2024 Deer Season Stories/Pics/Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never realized that fire ants are the size of piss ants.
A TX friend says that if something happens to a critter in his yard, the fire ants clean it up in hours.
Fire ants are ruthless and will leave welts on you from biting and stinging if given half a chance, and they hurt like all get out!

I have seen fire ants make a 40 pound dog disappear in a weeks time, and the fire ant mound would more than double in size.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went to a youth doe hunt in beckham county this past week end. i had no idea there were so many deer out there. Apparently peanuts are a favorite food for deer. i had no idea, i have read that deer will walk right past peanuts. They cause some serious damage to the peanut crop in that area. every field i observed had so many deer it wasnt possible to count them all.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some mounts but the price is getting high. And due to the price, I have done the Euro's Mounts for many of mine and my kids game. One thing cool about the Euro Mount is it's something you hand to somebody, whether it's sitting on the table or hanging on the wall. You get it down and hand it to them to hold, feel and examine. I'm not discrediting the art and the beauty of the shoulder or full body mount. They are beautiful to view. But the Euro lends a real tangibility to it and lights the eyes of the beholder in a more reachable way.
I completely agree with your assessment. We don’t have people over, so no one but my wife and I get to see the shoulder mounts.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went to a youth doe hunt in beckham county this past week end. i had no idea there were so many deer out there. Apparently peanuts are a favorite food for deer. i had no idea, i have read that deer will walk right past peanuts. They cause some serious damage to the peanut crop in that area. every field i observed had so many deer it wasnt possible to count them all.
Did your kiddo get 1 or 2 deer?

Latest posts

Top Bottom