22 enthusiast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Runner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Biggest pros for 22s - anyone can shoot them and you can shoot all you want because bulk ammo is significantly cheaper than any other caliber.
Biggest cons - not many cons, but if you are hunting with it, shot placement is critical for an ethical harvest.

my favorite 22s - S&W MP 15-22 rifle, Ruger 22/45 pistol, Heritage Rough Rider revolver. These three eat any ammo I feed them without fail.

enfoprefect

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta love the 22 for what it does for your wallet. I recently purchased a Ruger SR22 and love it. I have a H&R 22 revolver bought 50 years ago. The one I miss now is the Remington bolt action rifle we shot as a kid.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you who are not YT savvy....this guy has an excellent youtube channel about .22 shooting: 22plinkster
Lots of cool trick shots and what not.....and a very good way to waste some time on the internet.

bottomcoon

New to the site!
Reaction score
I love good 22's. I got some shooting in today with my ruger mk3 & a 10 /22. I wanted to try cci "quiet" ammo. it won't function in either gun, not enough powder. I will have to use it in my anchutz or my Remington 541S, or maybe one of my marlin 39's. in my safe's there's everything up to the 458 but there's nothing more fun than a day in the woods with a good 22 rifle. bottomcoon

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
So what do u guys think the biggest con is when shooting 22 caliber and whats the biggest pro. Feel free to be as honest as necessary.
Biggest con of the 22LR is small boom when shooting but this can be a blessing when shooting subsonics.
Biggest pro of the 22LR is LOW COST ammo.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like the 22 a lot. I count 7 rifles, 4 hand guns. 2 from my childhood. Favorites are Mossberg 42 and buckmark urx. Just bought cz452 but haven't shot it yet.

I have the left handed version of the CZ452(my son also has one). The only one she can't out shoot is my Walther KKJ sporter( its a matter of a few millimeter's).
Walther is first on the left, and the CZ is next to last left to right.
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_OrthodoxChristmas039.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I love good 22's. I got some shooting in today with my ruger mk3 & a 10 /22. I wanted to try cci "quiet" ammo. it won't function in either gun, not enough powder. I will have to use it in my anchutz or my Remington 541S, or maybe one of my marlin 39's. in my safe's there's everything up to the 458 but there's nothing more fun than a day in the woods with a good 22 rifle. bottomcoon

noticed some new guys in this thread, welcome everyone. bottomcoon, the cci quiet in a 39 is like a suppressed 22. $2.99 a box is way cheaper than a silencer!

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So what do u guys think the biggest con is when shooting 22 caliber and whats the biggest pro. Feel free to be as honest as necessary.

Lack of .22 ammo currently! But seriously I can't think of one bad thing to say about the .22 round. Cost effective practice for the big guns. Pure fun factor is un beatable when faced with a roge band of tin cans and water bottles.

Sure I wouldn't claim it's the best defensive round, but I'd hate to get a full 20rnd mag of it in the face and chest!

Latest posts

Top Bottom