.22 or buckshot for hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question I am hunting FT Sill for hogs and only authorized means of take right now are shotgun no slugs, .22 rimfire or archery, whats the best option It is still archery season for deer and I have shot one hog already but couldnt find it, lots of blood but no hog.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think its illegal to hunt with buckshot in Oklahoma. That may be just for game species, but you should definitely check on that first.

They are trying to change that law now. There was a thread on here the other day about it. I shot my first one with a .22. A big old sow between the eyes that I saw out in the woods. There were lots of trees around though.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If its a smaller farrel hog or Havoline, then a .22 will take them all day.

Just remember that the more wild they get and the bigger they are, the less of a threat you look like to them :)

DrTurkenstein

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best option would be to wait until the archery season is over. They open a hog season and you can use slugs and muzzleloaders.I think it opens in Feb. Buckshot will never be legal on post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom