.22 Powder Actuated Fastener Shot + .22 Airgun Pellet = Awesome!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing some accuracy testing. I wouldn't expect anything too spectacular since the twist rates were chosen with heavier bullets in mind... but I could be surprised. Probably accurate enough for emergency close range survival use if you don't have anything else, in any case.

It would be cool in a revolver... you could have a full cylinder of loads.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid I pulled the bullet from a 22LR put some more powder it when I shot it the case blew off at the rim broke both extractors. BE CAREFULL.
I did the same thing! Mine was a model 60. Blew the stock in two and destroyed the pin and buffer. I think it even popped the scope rings off but its been a few years. Kids don't try this at home.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the accuracy would be any good. I've tried this with those .22 cal nailgun blanks, .27 cal nailgun blanks, and 209 shotgun primers. All of them would blow the pellet skirt like a balloon until they ripped off. The 209 primer actually would melt and seize the skirt on the chamber making it nearly impossible to brush off. After reading that even 1000 fps+ spring powered pellet guns suffer from deformed pellet skirts causing poor accuracy, I scrapped the whole experiment. A year later the 17 HMR hit the market and the pellet idea no longer made sense to me.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah

Latest posts

Top Bottom