This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a while since I picked up some .223 ammo, just looking for range quality right now. What's a decent price for it now?
I don't remember what the cost was prior to COVID and all the other worldly problems, can anyone refresh my memory on that?

With those two numbers I can decide on how much gouging I'm willing to accept.

Thanks.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pre-covid
Tul-Ammo was about $5 - $6 per box of 20
Reloadable brass ammo was usually around 30-35 center per round

I haven't bought any or paid much attention to prices lately... but I think 50 cents a round is about as good as you could do? And maybe 25 or 30 cents a round for steel cased ammo?

I could be off some...

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
American Eagle and the like were about 6 to 7 bucks a box of 20. Now I see it regularly running around 12. IMO, anything around 10 is good in this market.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info/tips. I'd like to stay with brass cased, so price is a little higher, SGAmmo is around $.56 to $.58.
Kinda want to throw up a little.....

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info/tips. I'd like to stay with brass cased, so price is a little higher, SGAmmo is around $.56 to $.58.
Kinda want to throw up a little.....
I know what you mean. A few years ago I was buying cases of 223 for under 30cpr delivered. I ordered another, it was 41cpr.

Little did I realize that would be a screaming deal today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom