22lr Ruger Vs. 22lr Sig......help me decide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone isn't suggesting the ruger. Its a pretty good gun.

I own a Buckmark that gets abused to no end. Still get FTFs from time to time. two main causes are the top rail coming loose. Screws can back out. And ammo related failures.

THe first issue is not there on the Rugers.

Now my main reason for going with the Buckmark was the ease of replacing the barrel with something threaded. From the first pics I saw of Shot Show 2010 it looks like Ruger might be getting ready to release a prethreaded model. If they do, I'll definately buy one.

Of your two choices the choice is clear. Sig. Wait I mean Ruger.

SoonerShots

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger for sure, I own a Ruger Mark iii hunter stainless with bull fluted barrel. I love mine, I would not trade or sell it for nothing. Go to a range and rent both see which one you like the best. Good luck

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger for sure, I own a Ruger Mark iii hunter stainless with bull fluted barrel. I love mine, I would not trade or sell it for nothing. Go to a range and rent both see which one you like the best. Good luck

What's the benefit of the fluted barrel? Just a weight thing, looks? I'm gonna go with the bull or bull slabside at this point.

Also, is the only difference between the hunter and the target model essentially the sights?

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the benefit of the fluted barrel? Just a weight thing, looks? I'm gonna go with the bull or bull slabside at this point.

Bull barrel rigidity with less weight. It gives a bit more surface area for cooling, but shouldn't be a big deal for a .22. I'm sure the look is a factor for many people too.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone isn't suggesting the ruger. Its a pretty good gun.

I own a Buckmark that gets abused to no end. Still get FTFs from time to time. two main causes are the top rail coming loose. Screws can back out. And ammo related failures.

THe first issue is not there on the Rugers.

Now my main reason for going with the Buckmark was the ease of replacing the barrel with something threaded. From the first pics I saw of Shot Show 2010 it looks like Ruger might be getting ready to release a prethreaded model. If they do, I'll definately buy one.

Of your two choices the choice is clear. Sig. Wait I mean Ruger.

A small drop of red loctite solves this problem easily. I had the same problem with the top two loosening and a drop of loctite on each and after 1000 rounds...no loosening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom