22lr Ruger Vs. 22lr Sig......help me decide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fellas

Need a little help deciding on which pistol to get. Wifey gave the go-a-head to whichever I choose. I know very little about these guns so please opine with what would be your choice and why.

Main use would be to have when I'm out camping, plinking, on a long road trip to have some sort of protection while traveling, etc. Also, as a little sidearm to have to shoot critters while at deer camp.

First is the Ruger KMKlll 22lr with a 5.5" bull barrel in stainless. New with 2 10 round mags and case for approx $434.00.

Next, I wasn't looking for it but it caught my eye.
Sig Sauer Mosquito in 22lr. 3.6" barrel (I think). Stainless slide with composite frame i believe. Now the kicker is that the gun was in the cabinet at the local shop and I thought it was new and then noticed the price was only $249.00. 99% of the people would think it was new just by looking. I believe a NIB would cost close to $400. Only has one mag with no box.

What say you on what to get. I wouldn't have looked at the Sig except for the price. Sorry, 'puter won't let me post pics for some reason.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger. Wife had a Mosquito. It was the most unreliable gun we have ever owned. It might have been pissed off that it was pink though......

FYI, the Mosquitos look nice, but they're not real Sigs. They're license built by another company.

Latest posts

Top Bottom