3-gun shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mossberg 930 SPX is a decent choice for an auto gun on that budget, and have money left over for ammo/accessories. But the mentioned FN SLP is probably even better, if it's found within the budget - excellent choice, IMO.

http://www.google.com/search?q=fn+s...4QrQQwAA&biw=1659&bih=842&fp=e18ec2db23988f7d

http://www.google.com/search?q=moss...n&tab=wf&biw=1659&bih=842&fp=e18ec2db23988f7d

Practice like you play. Forget the 24", IMO. Only reason for those is gamesmanship, to extend the mag tube. Unless you're REALLY gonna use the 24" for home defense (which is terrible for going around corners), then forget it and run with an 18-19" with a full length mag. Practice like you play (i.e. fight).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

:laugh6::laugh6::laugh6::laugh6::laugh6::laugh6:
Nice!!!!!!!

FWIW: I'd listen to the advice of the guys (Olyeller, Mike Pinto, Kurt Miller, Jesse T, a few others) that have actually done this.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot a Benelli M(whatever Jesse's is), a Remington 870, Benelli Nova, and a Mossberg 930 SPX (read POS) in 3 gun, and my FN SLP MK1 in the Pro-Am at USSA.

No I'm not a know-it-all nor an expert, but from what I have EXPERIENCE with, an AUTO is way way better than a pump. A pump WILL WORK if you're on a budget, just getting started, or wanting to try it before jumping in head first.

The Benelli M's are awesome for 3 gun. SO far I think my SLP MK1 will be close to as good, maybe not so much better because of the intertia driven vs gas driven systems,,, but it will work for me and my arm won't get as tired from pumping.

OP, if I come to the December 3 gun, you're more than welcome to squad with me and shoot my SLP Mk1 all day. If I don't make it there, the offer is still open for January. After January,,, get your own! (JK, but seriously)

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
M ine is always available for lending as well.

Nothing wrong with a SLP; just prefer the handling of a benelli M1/M2.

Reaction score
Hey EZ Bake, be sure to pop into the Brian Enos forums and share your "wisdom" there, too - tell about 1/3 of them what idiots they are for also recommending the FN SLP as I did - extremely popular 3-gun shotgun.

As for length, depends on what your goal is. If your goal is to *win a 3-gun competition*, then by all means get a 24". If your goal is to improve your shooting skills on an effective house gun for going around corners, get an 18-19". All just a matter of priorities & goals. Games, or reality.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey EZ Bake, be sure to pop into the Brian Enos forums and share your "wisdom" there, too - tell about 1/3 of them what idiots they are for also recommending the FN SLP as I did - extremely popular 3-gun shotgun.

BTW, nice post and after-edit - you're famous for doing that.

I'm sure they're all about the Mossberg 930 as well and they probably love all of your information about how you should forget about the 24" since its just for "gamesmanship, to extend the mag tube".

I didn't post advice in this thread because I've not shot a 3-gun match. I'm guessing that's one of the only things you and I have in common.

This post isn't nearly as good as your "long-range scope" advice or your bi-pod advice, so I guess I should be grateful.

Looks like I've got to break out the ignore list again to save myself from even reading this drivel.

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
Mossberg 930 SPX is a decent choice for an auto gun on that budget, and have money left over for ammo/accessories. But the mentioned FN SLP is probably even better, if it's found within the budget - excellent choice, IMO.

http://www.google.com/search?q=fn+sl...c2db239 88f7d

http://www.google.com/search?q=mossb...8ec2db23988f7d

Practice like you play. Forget the 24", IMO. Only reason for those is gamesmanship, to extend the mag tube. Unless you're REALLY gonna use the 24" for home defense (which is terrible for going around corners), then forget it and run with an 18-19" with a full length mag. Practice like you play (i.e. fight).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Also, EZ bake, your post is a blatent violation of forum rules, as a personal attack and name calling - would you care to voluntarily edit to to remove the violation? I asked you this same question very nicely by PM, but so far you have refused.

I said in my post "IN MY OPINION" -- twice. I am entitled to my opinion, but you are not entitled to make personal attacks and engage in name-calling, even if done via a link (since you're too chicken-#$%t to do it directly yourself).

And in fact, EZ Bake, in your PM response to mine, refusing to edit, you said this to me:

yet you posted advice that argued with 3 of the top 3-gun shooters on this board (they all posted before you did).

Which 3 would those be? Since there were only 4 posts before mine. Two of those 4 were asking QUESTIONS and didn't even make a statement - the OP and Firecop simply asked questions. ONE was olyeller (yes I disagreed with him - IMO as I said), and the 4th one recommended an FN SLP, the same gun that I mentioned/piled on with the same recommendation as him to the OP, as one of my recommendations within his budget. So since I only disagreed with one, where'd you get that I disagreed with three? Once again, par for the course, you have your facts all screwed up and backward - just like you did in another thread this week, where someone had to correct you because you didn't read the thread, and went off half-cocked with a nonsensical question. And this is far from being the first times that you've done this or similar. So you have a history of not reading threads before posting, getting your facts that you base your opinions on way way off, and now throwing insults and name-calling simply because I disagreed with someone, IN MY OPINION, as I said twice. Someone tell me, what are you allowed to even stay on this board?

BTW, nice post and after-edit

Nice post yes, but what the heck are you talking about "after-edit" - I did not edit that one at all. Yet again, you have your facts all mixed up. Go figure. Yes, thank gawd I can ignore your nonsense too.

In fact funny how you posted in response to me, after you assured me that you were going to ignore me - why don't you put your money where your big mouth is, and ignore me like you promised?

I didn't post advice in this thread because I've not shot a 3-gun match.

Oh, but ez bake, you're most certainly claiming to be an expert on the subject - otherwise you'd have not criticized my advice as so terribly wrong and stupid with the name-calling. So here we have someone who admits he's NEVER shot in a match, severely criticizing my opinion with name-calling - armchair quarterback anyone? And yes I have shot in 3-gun. I'm not an expert by any means, but I'm entitled to my opinion, and we've just established that I'm more experienced than you. So where do you get off with all the name-calling and wasting bandwidth for your noobish opinions?

The OP was on a budget - not everyone can afford the Benellis and such on a limited budget - hence the FN and Mossberg recommendations.

and they probably love all of your information about how you should forget about the 24" since its just for "gamesmanship, to extend the mag tube".

It IS for gamesmanship, to extend the tube mag. Why do you think that actual people who fight (police, etc.), choose 14"-18 inchers, or shorter? They're not playing games; they're actually fighting. Oh do tell - what exactly IS the reason for 24" if not to allow for an extended tube mag - I cannot wait to hear your 'wisdom' on this one. And a lot of Saiga guys are adding 5" to their 19" barrels to get to 24", right? You see that a lot don't ya? :rolleyes:

I actually post facts to defend my opinion, while you do nothing but drive-by name calling with no facts - sadly, that's just about all I expect from you now. My scope advice and bipod advice are and were as solid as they come, BTW. I know you disagree with Zak Smith (and me) on scopes, and you're entitled to your opinion - about right for someone who's not BTDT, as you say. I'm not gonna call you an idiot as you did to me. But go tell Zak how dumb he and others who agree with him are on practical rifle forums, and they will. Your small circle of acquaintances in OK ain't the end-all, be-all of expertise and opinions ya know. There's a world beyond your circle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom