3-gun shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How difficult / costly would it be to have a gunsmith thread one of those for chokes?

I believe around $100 or so (maybe a little more), which would still be a deal. But I'd want the vent rib barrel with a FO front sight rather than the ghost ring setup that's on that one. So, although a pretty good deal, just not the one for me.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, I've seen many 3-gun setups with the tube extended well past the end of the barrel. You don't have to have a longer barrel just to use a longer extension.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
24" is smoother swinging also, just like in skeet. There's another reason beside gamesmanship. Don't often have to clear houses in 3gun, at least not at the majority of matches I've been to.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I've seen many 3-gun setups with the tube extended well past the end of the barrel. You don't have to have a longer barrel just to use a longer extension.

Those look really weird. I saw a video with Jerry Miculek running a course with a setup like that using speedloaders. It looked like the shotgun was taller than he was. He was quick, but it sure looked strange.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
24 inch barrels are great for a shooter that hunts and shoots competition, a simple removal of tube extension and your ready to hit the woods. The Mossy I use in competitions has a 26" barrel and it works good. No matter the make or length of your gun, practice is the key.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those look really weird. I saw a video with Jerry Miculek running a course with a setup like that using speedloaders. It looked like the shotgun was taller than he was. He was quick, but it sure looked strange.

It does look a little odd, but still works, and you get used to how it looks.
Just saying the barrel doesn't have to be long to run a tube extension.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did this just become Arfcom?

I believe so! :popcorn:

The objective of any game is to win, so why not use what wins? Miculek has a very long extended tube on his 930 that extends well beyond the shorter barrel. Most of what I've HEARD, is that the Benelli is more reliable than the SLP, but I have no proof of that.

Doesn't really matter, the Saiga will eventually be THE dominant shotgun once all the bugs are worked out. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom