3-gun shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe so! :popcorn:

The objective of any game is to win, so why not use what wins? Miculek has a very long extended tube on his 930 that extends well beyond the shorter barrel. Most of what I've HEARD, is that the Benelli is more reliable than the SLP, but I have no proof of that.

Doesn't really matter, the Saiga will eventually be THE dominant shotgun once all the bugs are worked out. :D

but you have to be in open div. to run the Saiga.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How difficult / costly would it be to have a gunsmith thread one of those for chokes?

I believe around $100 or so (maybe a little more), which would still be a deal. But I'd want the vent rib barrel with a FO front sight rather than the ghost ring setup that's on that one. So, although a pretty good deal, just not the one for me.

Wall is correct. Steve Baldwin did a bang-up job on my 18.5" 870 with VR barrel. It was a few dollars short of $100 IIRC. I can use any Rem-Choke I want.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Benelli makes a great auto shotgun, I don't think you can go wrong with one (unless you get a pistol grip with an 18" barrel and ghost rings, blech)!

There have been several M2 Americans and MIS90's on GB for very reasonable prices over the past few months, if you're on a budget and want a Benelli I'd start there first.

I really believe the SLP's are a very close second, they just need a few things done to them. 1. Weld up the lifter 2. Cut back the plastic forend 3. Install a +1 extension so you can truly run 8 of whatever shell you want in it, and 4. Keep checking the spring in the piston to make sure it doesn't lunch itself.

Some of them have feeding problems due to a sharp edge around the cut out for the extractor, so check that too. The sighting system is not optimal, and the barrel is heavy. Vent rib barrels are very fast and work well, If FNH or Winchester ever decides to market the barrels on the FN team guns I'll buy one up quick.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Benelli makes a great auto shotgun, I don't think you can go wrong with one (unless you get a pistol grip with an 18" barrel and ghost rings, blech)!

There have been several M2 Americans and MIS90's on GB for very reasonable prices over the past few months, if you're on a budget and want a Benelli I'd start there first.

I really believe the SLP's are a very close second, they just need a few things done to them. 1. Weld up the lifter 2. Cut back the plastic forend 3. Install a +1 extension so you can truly run 8 of whatever shell you want in it, and 4. Keep checking the spring in the piston to make sure it doesn't lunch itself.

Some of them have feeding problems due to a sharp edge around the cut out for the extractor, so check that too. The sighting system is not optimal, and the barrel is heavy. Vent rib barrels are very fast and work well, If FNH or Winchester ever decides to market the barrels on the FN team guns I'll buy one up quick.

You've described by Benelli exactly. lol... I hear this same opinion of this gun a lot, but mine (like most all Benelli's) just runs and runs and runs. I like this configuration quite a bit. I have been fortunate to get a small amount of trigger time with the SLP and find it to be a really nice weapon as well. All of the 930 SPX guns that I've seen personally did not run out of the box, but seemed to be ok after a trip or two back to Mossberg.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always wondered why someone hasn't done a tactical Beretta. I think a light gun that moves fast is important, but the recoil system on the Benelli ensures you're going to have to contend with more recoil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom