3 Gun? What Shotgun Do You Use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For your front sight you'll want a fiber with the ghost ring. It's great for slugs and stationary steel but requires a good bit of practice for fliers, at least for me.

On the FTE, what ammo are you using, is the gas system oiled up well and do you have a new o-ring to put in it? If you want, we can get together and go over how to keep it up and running. If you can stand my dirty garage... :)

Any info on the 1100 will help, and if you have any questions let me know.

BA-Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay - I've never shot 3-gun, but really want to.

So.. I see all the Benelli fans on this thread. Have any of you owned/used a Franchi LAW-12 before? I was told that the Benelli M series came about after they acquired Franchi. (feel free to correct me if I heard wrong)

Bottom line is I want to know if the LAW-12 would be a good shotgun for 3-gun matches? ( I've got the 8-shot tube version)

Thanks in advance for your input/feedback

Jeff

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay - I've never shot 3-gun, but really want to.

So.. I see all the Benelli fans on this thread. Have any of you owned/used a Franchi LAW-12 before? I was told that the Benelli M series came about after they acquired Franchi. (feel free to correct me if I heard wrong)

Bottom line is I want to know if the LAW-12 would be a good shotgun for 3-gun matches? ( I've got the 8-shot tube version)

Thanks in advance for your input/feedback

Jeff

KurtM is the resident Benelli expert so hopefully he will answer here too. I would say any shotgun is a viable 3 gun shotgun if it is 100% reliable and easy to load. Bring yours out to OKCGC on the 20th and see what it will do.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The M series came out WAY before Benelli got Franchi. The Law-12/Spas 12 are gas operated and the internals are TOTALY different than the Inertia System used by the M series Benellis and the M4 is just a gas assisted Inertia System...NOT a gas gun. That has got to be the strangest "fact" I have ever heard. It is totaly FALSE! Find a better class of experts to ask :rotflmao:

A LAW-12 will be just fine for 3-gun although the safety is slow in use and it loads hard and the bolt release is on the wrong side for rapid bolt back loading, and inadvertently hitting the mag tube catch can cause all sorts of malfunction clearance drills...it is a fine gun if you maintain it well and understand it's short comings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom