.300 Blackout Questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For purely for hunting purposes, going with a bolt gun can start out cheaper and get expensive pretty quick, depending on how custom you make your bolt gun. A standard bolt gun from Savage will run about $400 and go up from there. If you know how to shop around online and wait for the best deals, you can build a new .223 or 300 blk upper for about the same price. My 300 blk upper costs me $417 to build. Would actually be cheaper if I had gone with a 16" stainless steel barrel, but companies like to charge more for shorter barrels... >.<

Typically I think bolt gun are better for game hunting and would lean in that direction. For predator / varmint hunting I like semi-auto. Unless you already have AR upper parts lying around, it would probably be better to get a bolt gun in .308. That would give you 2 different guns (if you already have an AR) capable of a wide gamut of uses in between.

I don't know how big the game is. Quite honestly, I've never hunted anything in my life. I don't know why but the urge just struck earlier this year when I didn't have any money (Along with the urge to fish which I've already started doing). I wanna finish this AR build I started and take the hunter safety course and try to be ready by time next years deer season comes around. I gotta find someone who knows what they're doing to help me with this, too. I like the idea of semi-auto to get a second shot (in case its necessary to make up for a lack of skill).

Latest posts

Top Bottom