350 legend. Here to stay or a fad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big green chopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
350 Legend is a solution to a problem imposed by goernment infringement. In some states you can only use straight wall cartridges for hunting certain public lands. 350 Legend and other straight wall cartridges are a throwback that brings us to ballistics from 100 years ago. They are shity, but useful because they don't have the range of modern bullets fired from shouldered cartridges. Anyone doing 350 legend on purpose either likes the novelty or lacks the sense to understand ballistics. Nothing is wrong with either of those, one guy we laugh with when we shoot these cartridges with them, the other guy we laugh at when he boasts about how awesome this "new" cartridge is.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
350 Legend is a solution to a problem imposed by goernment infringement. In some states you can only use straight wall cartridges for hunting certain public lands. 350 Legend and other straight wall cartridges are a throwback that brings us to ballistics from 100 years ago. They are shity, but useful because they don't have the range of modern bullets fired from shouldered cartridges. Anyone doing 350 legend on purpose either likes the novelty or lacks the sense to understand ballistics. Nothing is wrong with either of those, one guy we laugh with when we shoot these cartridges with them, the other guy we laugh at when he boasts about how awesome this "new" cartridge is.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know what your talking about

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless a guy reloads, I don’t do new cartridges, powerful or not. I just sold off my 450 Bushmaster and it was a legit hammer. Go for what you know and of course do you.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t have one in AR form but I do have a bolt gun with a 16” barrel. Ballistically is it going to compete with a 16” 308? No it won’t. Is it going anywhere, nope.

I don’t really view it as a novelty or precision hunting rifle but it dang sure does the job on whitetail within about 200. The 450 Bushmaster I just got is the same, it will smack the piss out of something the same way but harder. Neither will replace anything else I have and both are fun to shoot

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know 2 guys that have in an AR and they seem to really like it. And as mentioned, S&W has standardized it by chambering their X frame for it. It seems to have taken off. I dont plan to get one just because I'm stretched as it is in caliber variety. Ballistically, I think its on par with the old .357 Maximum that Ruger dropped due to gas cutting the top strap???

Latest posts

Top Bottom