350 legend. Here to stay or a fad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have it in both the AR and Ruger American ranch. It shoots the same POI no matter what ammo I feed it. It suppresses well. I like the Ruger a little more do to reloading and future load development. I got into to it when Win FMJ's were $10 a box and stacked deep.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a fairly new AR round called the .500 AutoMax, just a .500 S&W with the rim turned off.
Yes, I have one, its a beast and a hoot to shoot, with the gas system and muzzle break the recoil seems to be about like a 7 pound 30/06, haven't hunted with it yet but I shot a rock chuck with it summer before last, it had the same results as hitting a gallon can of red paint. Same company (Big Horn Armory) makes a lever action that shoots the 500 Smith and can handle full power loads. I also have a 50 Beowulf (bought it before the Auto Max) it operates at lower pressures and is milder on recoil but I like the Auto-Max better, I let my grandson (16) shoot the Beowulf, he loves it so he's going to get it for his HS graduation present.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom