357 sig? part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok well the first part we kinda got out of the way...now my second question about this caliber. i think ive decided this is what i want to carry....wish i could carry my 1911 but NO...but thats another rant for another time.

basically what i want to know is those of you that have guns in this caliber...what gun are you using? glock, sa, other..?

what is your opinion of the gun? do you like it? etc.

and finally...wheres the best place to get them? i tried medlocks in collinsville but they dont stock any 357's.

Thank you guys (and girls) for all of your input. it is much appreciated.

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Barstro makes a custom .357 sig barrel for the 1911 platform. It seems that if you already own a 1911 in .40, all that would need to be done is to purchase one of the aforementioned barrels, have it fitted to your gun, drop it in, and go.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok well the first part we kinda got out of the way...now my second question about this caliber. i think ive decided this is what i want to carry....wish i could carry my 1911 but NO...but thats another rant for another time.

basically what i want to know is those of you that have guns in this caliber...what gun are you using? glock, sa, other..?

what is your opinion of the gun? do you like it? etc.

and finally...wheres the best place to get them? i tried medlocks in collinsville but they dont stock any 357's.

Thank you guys (and girls) for all of your input. it is much appreciated.

I find that I shoot the Sig 226 a little better than a Glock. Either way its win win.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one of the best reasons to get a Sig P226 or P229. If you buy one in .357 Sig or .40, the factory (instead of after-market) barrel-swap kit for the caliber you didn't buy is around $150 and they use the same mag. Also, you can pick up the .22 slide and mag to get cheap practice with your piece.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock 33 is good for a sub, glock 32 is excellent as jp pointed out. I like subs, but I think the longer barrrel helps conceal better. both can use the 13rd mags, or a 9 in the 33. I never feel undergunned with a .357sig.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SIG. The P239 is a very popular carry and is a great shooter in the .357 SIG. I've had one but sold it cause it never felt good in the hand to me. My preference is a P229 SAS DAK SIG. As stated above, you can interchange .40 and .357 at will. I've never been a big .40 fan (even tho I carried one for years) as I prefer .45 to the .40 but I really like the .357

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HK

usp compact or P2000

that was easy If Sports World doesn't have em in stock they will order it for ya.

Evan

Latest posts

Top Bottom